UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Hi looking at the bullet library up loaded for my kestrel 5700 it shows 6 different options for 140g eld-m what BC are yous using in your kestrel 

Screenshot_20191114-192713_Kestrel LiNK Ballistics.jpg

As far as I can tell, as I don't use the device, the entries with bracketed data are personalised drag models (PDM). The code likely refers to the rifle/person who submitted the PDM.

http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/Downloads/ABLibrary.pdf

I would simply take the non-personalised version and then modifty that if you need to, this creating your own PDM.

Hornady's own data is an average G1 BC of 0.646 and an average G7 BC of 0.326.

https://www.hornady.com/bullets/rifle/6-5mm-264-140-gr-eld-match#!/

On the box hornady give a BC of 0.326 the non personalized BC is 0.291 given by kestrel link ballistics going by this and real data the BC is to low has any one else found this.

have you up dated your kestrel lately . the ballistics on the kestrel are what they tested and found them to be so you will fined them a bit different from what the box says

Yes I have updated it if you look at my screen shot you will see 6 different BC for the 140g eldm for the Kestrel all from the applied ballistic link ,I was looking to know what one to use, your thoughts please.

Hi there 

have just been reading the set of books by Bryan litz and very informative they are too . Stability factor might be a better measure of how good a bullet is at transonic distances than bc  . Numbers from his book are for 140 eldm 

g7 bc 0.322 ,+\_ 0.015 .  G1 0.628 +\_ 0.108 . This is for average speeds 3000 to 1500 FPS  . 
hope this helps    Cheers 

39 minutes ago, stephentri said:

Yes I have updated it if you look at my screen shot you will see 6 different BC for the 140g eldm for the Kestrel all from the applied ballistic link ,I was looking to know what one to use, your thoughts please.

i there a code on the bullet box? ill see what my own says to just incase 

Cheers have fun getting a good load and results . Mate of mine got out to the mile with same bullet at eskdalemuir and easy hits at 1400 yards .

1 hour ago, stephentri said:

ya ive just got the same as you 

40 minutes ago, stephentri said:

Hi Richard 

Thanks looks like i will go with a average BC between 0.331 and  0.319

im getting somewhere now whats the g1 bc on your box

if you tap on one on the list it comes up with g1 g7 or ab custom curve if you tap the g1 or g7 it comes up

Yes I know I was just wondering why so many for the 140g eld-m,as most other bullets in the AB library show only one BC in G7 and G1