ASE Utra boreloc mounts....

Looking at suppressors for a 300NM preferably with a muzzle brake in the mount.

Have no experience with the ASE Atra range but they have their BL system which seems to fit the bill?

Needs to have a 5/8-24 UNEF thread , would also look to go to same setup for my 6.5x47

Any comments on ASE in general and the BL system if you've handled/used them?

Who else B&T?

Cheers Terry

Terry,

I have a SL7i-BL .30 on my 6.5CM Ruger Precision Rifle using a AU761 Muzzle Brake Mount ( 5/8-24 UNEF thread ) and I am very pleased with it.

The only regret I have is not buying the .300/.338 version.

If you are at The Roundhouse on the 16th/17th March you welcome to view it.

I also own two SL5's in .25 and .30 Stalking Rifle barrels,  regards MarkR

https://www.aseutra.fi/s-series-sl7i-bl-suppressor.html

Mark,

Will have a look thanks as currently doing both days - why the 'regrets' about not going with the 'big' 30/338 version?

Cheers Terry

24 minutes ago, terryh said:

why the 'regrets' about not going with the 'big' 30/338 version?

The long term plan is to also purchase a 300 Norm Mag Switch Barrel Rifle, so the Magnum Version would have been more cost effective.  I will bring my SL7i along for you to see on the 16th, regards MarkR

I've long sold the ASE range Terry. personally, I dont think there is a better mod, but that's just my opinion. 

The boreloc system works well, but it has to be kept clean, because it has to be tight. Fail to lock it up, and you will get problems.

This means that the borelock/threads etc, need a good fettle after use, or they quickly get carbon fouled, and dont lock up.

the SL7i is a mod I use on my .338 when not using the brake/Mod system.

It tames recoil like you wouldn't believe.

Also had a B and T that went over an AI brake a good few years ago. despite it being a .338 mod, it tamed a 6.5 , stupidly quiet. Sold it with the rifle, and wish I hadn't.

Sit down if you price one up. Bet they are thick end of a Grand now.

Dave,

Do you know if B&T do the brake / suppressor adapter (as in the AI design) in other threads than the AI metric i.e. 5/8-24 UNEF?

I like the B&T as they are LH threads but  as you  say a good few beer tokens!

T

I dont know Terry.

Viking Arms closed my account, because they preferred to deal with rfd's who sell from their front room near me.🤣

I would be surprised if they dont.5/8 x 24 is the most common "larger" american thread.

49 minutes ago, terryh said:

Cheers for input Dave

question: how do you time up the ASE muzzle brake / adapter? Skim the back face or crush washer?

Terry

Terry, I maybe able to answer this, the ASE Muzzle Brake is made up of two parts, the part that secures to the barrel on to which the Moderator attaches and locks, and a front ported section which is threaded into the static part attached to the barrel. You can rotate the front ported part to "time" it, which is then secured by a very small grub screw in the static part.

171030 ASE SL7-i cal 30 Adaptor.pdf

Edited by MarkR
Revised PDF added

On 3/8/2019 at 2:58 AM, terryh said:

Looking at suppressors for a 300NM preferably with a muzzle brake in the mount.

Have no experience with the ASE Atra range but they have their BL system which seems to fit the bill?

Needs to have a 5/8-24 UNEF thread , would also look to go to same setup for my 6.5x47

Any comments on ASE in general and the BL system if you've handled/used them?

Who else B&T?

Cheers Terry

Hi terryh

You will have to check on the exact suppressor you want to use but we have worked with Ase Utra for a long time, we have some of the best brakes available that will mount with their suppressors. Hopefully the website is clear, if not more than happy to help explain.

You can use one of our brakes with an adapter collar to mount to one of their suppressors. Its best of both worlds... dont think you will be disappointing, this device has a pretty amazing track record :)

https://www.lantac-uk.com/suppressors-mounts

Hope this helps....

• 1 year later...

Ase Utra was sold off to a larger company with new ideas a while back and they have indeed discontinued the JetZ range, although there is still plenty of stock of those excellent suppressors in the UK.

The new (reduced back pressure) DUAL looks to be replacing the JetZ, although actually a completely different design based on more 'flow through' technology that has become the latest fashion. The flow through concept reduces the amount of baffles within the can that causes excess back pressure on gassed ARs. The effect increase carrier speed and thus cycle time as well as dumping a lot more propellant into the upper. The flow through design isn't as efficient as a traditional baffle with the downside being less dB reduction. Looks like the new DUAL-S-BL reduced sound by 18dB as compared to the JetZ CQBS 28-32dB. The SL range remains the same by the looks.