Good scope for archer night vision

Hi any body got any first hand experience with what scopes work well will archer night vision add on. Also looking to use scope in the summer months for long range day time varmint and paper punching to 500yards. Have been told Nightforce is good but any body have any experience. Thanks in advance 

The nightforce SHV is meant to be good so is the sightron s-tac. 

Now with the new high power lasers that are available , more and more of the top quality scopes are becoming suitable , even my march now performs great with a ward 800l which has spent nearly the last year in the cupboard because it was pretty crap with all my other IR's

Think it’s generally accepted that for night vision you need a scope that will parallax down to 10 yards or below s-tac 2.5x17x56 is reputed to be one of the best I myself tried ward 800 on a 5.5x22x50 nsx and for me it didn’t work out 

regards lee 

Remember That you will need a scope with a thick reticle to enable you to see through it,

the way the archer fits onto the rear of a scope means if you have an illuminated scope it needs to have the illumination facility else where on the scope

also not sure if you can use the illumination with the archer?

I used to use a Swarovski pv 6-24x50 and it was superb through the archer  

i tried to use a z6 with a fine reticle and was unable to see the cross hair 

Used my archer on a hawke 3-12x50 side illumination and parallax, sr pro reticle for years until moved to a drone 10x. Never used the illuminated ret but loved the unit and now use it as a spotter or on the hw100 for round the barns . Had to get a plastic sleeve made up to fit the aluminium adapter ,so just took the scope in to Northallerton shooting shop where the archer  was bought from and the man behind the counter popped out back and made me one on the lathe . Btw scope used at 6 times mag 

Mine works with my S&B Pm11 and my sightron as well as the Lup mk4 but your not to use an eliminated reticule as it will damage the tube I also use a NM 800 and not the lazerit came with now I'm moving over to a ward thermal I'll sell the archer as I've got the Drone 10 and the ariginal Drone as well.Might even sell a drone as well.

Archived