International Barrels

Catch-22

• 2 weeks later...

Cool. Just really wanted to know about the overall quality and finish. They say they're every bit as good in quality & accuracy as a Bartlein, Krieger etc. 

Do you know if these are pull or push button barrels? 

How does your mates barrel shoot?

What's it like with coppering/cleaning?

Would he buy another or go to one of the big names? Why?

Thanks in advance!

Think they are a relatively new outfit in Canada

There is some discussion and video on the web regarding 30 cal barrels which seem to shoot well (or as well as any other barrel makers)

if you look on the website there is no table of twist rate though,,,,,,

Good to see a new company coming through as an alternative provider

Now if only Brux would export from the US,,,,,,,

They are button barrels, but not sure if they use pull or push buttons.

@Ronin I've been in touch with Ryan, their lead guy, who basically said the website needs updating but essentially they can make anything you need. I think they're so small still they can be flexible in doing you what you need.

I may get a couple of straight .30cal barrels in 1-10" twist.

V Interesting, keep posting,  if you get to the order stage could perhaps double up as id be interested in using one of their barrels for a "canadian" project ive got ongoing.

I just tried their website, but they have a problem........jumping all over the place.

Did manage to see the price of a blank, though, which at £189 is encouraging.........

Re-Pete

5 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

I just tried their website, but they have a problem........jumping all over the place.

Did manage to see the price of a blank, though, which at £189 is encouraging.........

Re-Pete

That price isn't quite correct. Bear in mind they're actually using US dollars, not Canadian.

Conversing with the owner, a .30cal, 1.25" straight blank with 1-10" twist (at 27") costs $399USD or around £285

A 7mm Heavy Varmint barrel, 1-9" twist (at 27") is a bit more at $420USD or around £301 (I think they add a little for contouring).

Shipping is around £35

Obviously you need to factor VAT & Duty on top. For the .30cal barrels I've assumed an all in cost of around £385 before it goes to a rifle smith & proof.

Didn't spot that..................I guess I'll stick to Bergara at £220 posted. The 6.5 we've just had fitted to our Savage 12 F/TR is an absolute cracker.

Re-Pete

having seen the last few posts their pricing appears no different to Bartlein, which one can obtain from UK sources, profiled and without import costs.

1 hour ago, Re-Pete said:

Didn't spot that..................I guess I'll stick to Bergara at £220 posted. The 6.5 we've just had fitted to our Savage 12 F/TR is an absolute cracker.

Re-Pete

Yeah I know, my last 6.5x47 wore a Bagera barrel which I personally felt was excellent.

I paid £450 for a Bartlein 30" 1:11 308 cal Palma profile a couple of years ago.............over 2000 rounds so far and never had to de-copper it.

I guess you get what you pay for.................but it will be interesting to see how the Bergara shapes up long term.

Re-Pete

Archived