Height adjustable rear bag?

Lukas_K

OK, so the better looking half of our shooting team has trouble reaching the front and adjusting height as usual. Before I commit to a JoyPod, which might be the right solution, are there any precision adjustable rear bagsthat we could try? I'm thinking something like a screw adjustable base for a Protector bag.

OK, so the better looking half of our shooting team has trouble reaching the front and adjusting height as usual. Before I commit to a JoyPod, which might be the right solution, are there any precision adjustable rear bagsthat we could try? I'm thinking something like a screw adjustable base for a Protector bag.

I use a joypod - locked solid - no joystick. After set-up, all elevation adjustment is via a 'bean bag' - for want of a better description but essentially it's just a Cordura bag filled with nylon pellets. See Ebay or I'm sure you good lady could easily fabricate something.

Set up with the crosshair about a target's width above the target, make sure the butt is tamped down into the bean-bag. A light squeeze of the bag will easily take you anywhere on the target.

I use a joypod - locked solid - no joystick. After set-up, all elevation adjustment is via a 'bean bag' - for want of a better description but essentially it's just a Cordura bag filled with nylon pellets. See Ebay or I'm sure you good lady could easily fabricate something.

Set up with the crosshair about a target's width above the target, make sure the butt is tamped down into the bean-bag. A light squeeze of the bag will easily take you anywhere on the target.

How do you lock solid the joypad Vince? Is there a method of tightening the adjusting mechanism?

How do you lock solid the joypad Vince? Is there a method of tightening the adjusting mechanism?

Begs the question, why lock it Vince?

Absolutely love my Joypod. The adjustable rear bag holder looks like a great idea but it's just not needed, especially if you have a front adjustable bipod or rest.

We do the same Vince, however some local comps use more targets stringed vertically on a single high board -> there you´re forced to readjust more than by a squeeze of a bag (it can be by two notches on a Fortmeier/Phoenix bipod).

Andy: exactly what I´m after, awesome info, thanks :)

Brillo - yes there is.

Elwood - if you set up using a bunny-eared bag you'll soon run out of adjustment on the joystick as things settle - necessitating an adjustment to the front legs - a fiddly job in the prone position in the middle of a shoot. I prefer the bi-pod locked solid and use a squashy back bag.

Archived