Suppressor Round Up: What are people using?

Atec Hertz 119 - ropey pics but you get the idea. Replacement for the Atec Maxim. Lightweight and effective, if a little larger than I expected. Would like to know if it's all aluminium, or if it has steel baffles but can't find much info about it.

post-12943-0-61453300-1450393860_thumb.jpeg

post-12943-0-38273700-1450393937_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atec Hertz 119 - ropey pics but you get the idea. Replacement for the Atec Maxim. Lightweight and effective, if a little larger than I expected. Would like to know if it's all aluminium, or if it has steel baffles but can't find much info about it.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I almost bought one last week from Jacksons however was immediately informed that it was not to be recommended for use oin sustained fire.

Had the thread swapped out on my Jet-z ase utra instead £40.40 and less than 72 hour turn around.

What do you reckon to the Macctec Gary ? Like it ?

However, everytime I hear it mentioned I cannot help but remember the macc lads...... :lol:

Dave, the macctecc is exactly what i wanted for the lightweight carry gun. Light, short, thin, calibre specific, sealed unit (why would you ever want to disturb a moderator?).

The m14 thread i chose is perfectly matched to the thread dasherman cut when he chopped the r93 for me, tight and smooth all the way.

Noise reduction,beter than good, not the best to my ears but as always, there is a trade off against size and weight, but its good enough to stop my ears ringing, which is all i want.

And best of all, it was designed by a chap with a phd in vacuum technology, not just slapped together! Will's a top bloke to, told me the funniest joke i've heard in ages...

Pics as requested now I'm home.

OneLessCharlie AS Series in .30 cal

mods1.jpg

mods2.jpg

Things I like:

It's very quiet.

It's light.

It's very well made.

It's made by a man with a real name who offers advice and responds to questions and gives a good service.

Things I don't like:

It didn't come with free cake.

Wildcat Evolution in .224 cal

mods3.jpg

mods4.jpg

mods5.jpg

mods6.jpg

Things I like:

It's quieter than my old Atec Maxim and weighs about the same.

It's well machined.

It's modular.

It's easily stripped and cleaned.

You can use the thread module as a brake/blunderbuss.

Anodised things are sexy, fact.

Things I don't like:

It heats up fast.

No free cake again, what is it with companies these days?

Excellent feedback and pics - thanks!

The only time I've been around Wildcat suppressors, I had to wear hearing protection. That was a few years back. Is that still the case or, in terms of function, have they improved?

post-1450-0-31362300-1450474554_thumb.jpeg

post-1450-0-84796300-1450474593_thumb.jpeg

Useful info on weight - and the pics give an excellent feel for the relative proportions of the thing - thanks!

I almost bought one last week from Jacksons however was immediately informed that it was not to be recommended for use oin sustained fire.

Was there a reason given?

Excellent feedback and pics - thanks!

The only time I've been around Wildcat suppressors, I had to wear hearing protection. That was a few years back. Is that still the case or, in terms of function, have they improved?

The report from my .223 with the Evolution when firing from a covered range firing point is roughly that of a .22lr firing standard velocity rounds without a suppressor. I always use hearing protection for that. Out on an open range with no walls to bounce the sound back, the report is much lower and I'm happy to remove my plugs.

Useful info on weight - and the pics give an excellent feel for the relative proportions of the thing - thanks!

Was there a reason given?

No reason and to be honest I didn't push for one. The farmer where I shoot gongs has the maxim from A-Tec and I am lead to believe it is a non modular evolution. I wouldn't be throwing rounds down a Maxim.

Top to bottom of the below pic

1) Ase Utra Jet-Z mounted on .223 AR after a 72 hour turn around by Jacksons for a thread swap.

2) Ase utra Jet-Z with Tab gear cover 18x1 over 2000 rounds

3) One Less Charlie Stainless .22 centre fire mod. Seamless build quality. Sound suppression like you would not believe.

4) MAE Muzzle can sold as to me for 6mmbr.

2) Ase utra Jet-Z with Tab gear cover 18x1 over 2000 rounds

3) One Less Charlie Stainless .22 centre fire mod. Seamless build quality. Sound suppression like you would not believe.

Scotch,

The OLC looks to be the same size as the Jet-z, is it? (or is it a camera perspective thing)? As quiet as / quieter than the Jet-z?

It is the same size. I can't really compare sound reduction though because jet-z is .30 and the OLC has a calibre specific .22 diameter baffle stack.

With the OLC you can spec anything you want pretty much. I must admits Jet-Z mods do shake out a little rust every so often which is why I like the stainless MAE and OLC.

A couple of more pics of the macctecc, its USP being the dished bushless rear end designed to reflect light away from the scope when lamping, dont know how well that feature works as ive only used it with nv and in daytime

90F69255-0C00-4291-A520-20F6697306F2_zps

79D93A55-E13E-451E-8B50-A5199674E0E8_zps

EC893B87-0D5A-4B60-954A-742C69F9D3A4_zps

Hi Guys

I'm looking for a new mod for my 7mm SAUM.

It will be doing 10-20 shot strings between 2-5 minutes.

Maybe 100 rounds over 4 hours?

Any recommendations for a lightweight mod?

Not to fused about size, but light would be nice.

Bit worried about burning out an all Aluminium one.

Mark

I've been having a PM chat with Colin of OLC, his AS series have struck my as a weight compromise that could work for me in 6.5x47 (not sure for something as intense as 7SAUM!): An aluminium body (6mm wall) with a stainless steel blast baffle and 5 individual hard anodised aluminium baffles.

I've been having a PM chat with Colin of OLC, his AS series have struck my as a weight compromise that could work for me in 6.5x47 (not sure for something as intense as 7SAUM!): An aluminium body (6mm wall) with a stainless steel blast baffle and 5 individual hard anodised aluminium baffles.

What happened to the Lawrence Precision?

I use Jetz CQB on my sub 6mm and North Star on the 6.5s and over. Both are excellent and the NS works well to keep the lightweight WSM tamed.

The only mod I have found that was absolutely useless was the TLD 250 Mod. They look pretty and are relatively lightweight but I was shocked at how little the mod actually attenuated any blast at all. Real PIA as it means a variation if you get it wrong.

I use an ase utra s5 mk1, its bomb proof and has great sound reduction, being bomb proof its heavy, the newer s5 is half the weight, its a muzzle can, ive had the over barrel mods and much prefer the cans, I use it on 2 rifles, its been used on 5 or 6 different rifles I've had, top moderator

Archived