RCBS scales which one to buy?

pwinnall

Hello,

I new to rifle reloading and need to buy some gear.

I have been told the RCBS 10-10 are the best but are 505 ok for my needs? I will reload .260 rem for target shooting and stalking.

Thanks for your advice.

Phil

505 are ok but 10 -10 are the flag ship in the rcbs range and very accurate desirable scales, no better beam scale

In my opinion either would benefit from a tune up from 1066 on here - therefore go with the 505 and use the saved money for tuning.

:) Thank you Grouse - And if you were thinking of going for the 505, which is an excellent choice anyway, then I would have a think about the Dillon Eliminator scale. It is identical to the 505 except for the colour and a different shaped base. It's also made by Ohaus and has the same 3 poise beam, knife edge and floating agate bearings, in fact the beams are interchangeable.

The 10/10 is an excellent scale but no more accurate than an RCBS 502 - They both use exactly the same knife edge/agate bearing set-up.

If you're interested in a Dillon, I can supply a new one, ready tuned, extended pointer, ball bearing leveller, weighted, 5 meg pix camera, camera bracket and fittings for the same price as a 505 HERE

Having used a tuned scale from Alan with his loadmaster trickler, I would say its an absolute must, and I would budget around a tuned scale and trickler.....even if you have to sell something.....

The difference in a tuned scale is absolutely vast.

I'm with baldie..... I've been using a tuned RCBS 5-10 and Targetmaster trickler from Allan since August and I'm well impressed.

Got the bits sitting on a pair of £7.99 Argos marble/granite worktop savers with 4 hi-fi adjustable spikes drilled into the top one (After sitting in a drawer since the early 80's they've finally become of use!) The camera is connected to photobooth on the mac. The spirit level behind the trickler is a WWII Air Ministry 1943 unit.... seriously accurate.

I've stuck strips on plastic with double-sided tape to the worktop to locate the scales and the photocell unit in the same position every time.

The delicate bits all pack into a 8litre lidded box from Staples.

Pact scales and trickler set for sale..... same as the RCBS pair.. different colour.

atb

Fizz

:ph34r:

SAM_1032_zps1ef89d12.jpg

SAM_1031_zpsc880e9f7.jpg

SAM_1071_zps38bfd917.jpg

:) Thank you Grouse - And if you were thinking of going for the 505, which is an excellent choice anyway, then I would have a think about the Dillon Eliminator scale. It is identical to the 505 except for the colour and a different shaped base. It's also made by Ohaus and has the same 3 poise beam, knife edge and floating agate bearings, in fact the beams are interchangeable.

The 10/10 is an excellent scale but no more accurate than an RCBS 502 - They both use exactly the same knife edge/agate bearing set-up.

If you're interested in a Dillon, I can supply a new one, ready tuned, extended pointer, ball bearing leveller, weighted, 5 meg pix camera, camera bracket and fittings for the same price as a 505 HERE any pictures please off this scale set up thank you

Archived