Thumb wheel Comb raiser

I'm trying to source a thumb wheel comb raiser like the one in the photo, or similar.I have managed to find one here in the UK but at £100 it seems to me to be rather expensive for what it is?

Are their any other options, either here or in the US. Or is anyone here able to make the product at a cheaper price if I gave them the item (not the one in the photo) to copy?

CAM.jpg

Ian, think long and hard about that one. How many times a day, on a shoot are you required to remove your bolt to show "clear" and the cheekpiece is in the way ?

I used these in the past, and wouldnt have one given now. I find the best system is the two thumbwheels on the side that lock off the cheekpiece at a given height. Once i have my rig/sight set up correctly, i them machine up a couple of aluminium sleeves of the correct height, that slip over the cheekpiece legs, and stay there with a couple of tiny grubscrews. Thus, i have the correct height all the time, and my cheekpiece can be easily, and rapidly removed when needed.

Danny at staffordshire synthetic stocks does cheekpiece hardware, that looks like one of his.

£100 is a fair price if you have to set to and make one of those from scratch, because it would take the best part of a day. It will be cnc produced, and he will have had to buy 50 i,d bet.

Elwood,

Was in your situation a while back. This unit from Warner Tool ( http://www.warner-tool.com/thumbwheel.htm ) is a thumb wheel adjust, very positive with no wobbles etc. but the cheek peice (with a slight 'tug') pops out of the mechanism. It then simply goes back in to the original place once you've cleaned your rifle, prooved it empty etc.

Very good quality (as you'd expect from WTC).

PM sent!!!!

Terry

Dave, I hear what you're saying, but holes have been made and need filling ;) but in future I think your way may be the way to go.

Terry, I want to stroke your Sentinel...buts that's another story.....I think you have just found exactly what is required.

Archived