RPA quadlite into rem 700 stock?

rabbit fingers

Does anyone know what, if any, modifications need to be made to a standard rem 700 inlet stock to fit an RPA quadlite action into it. Many thanks RF

As far as I am aware very little as they have similar "footprint"

I am firly certain that the Quadlite is dimensionaly the same as a Rem 700 (hole spacing etc)

If the RPA has a mag system the stock will need inletting to acommodate it and if the RPA has their trigger, I think this is wider than the standard Rem unit - although you have to widen the inlet to accomodate a Jewel trigger anyway.

Dave (Baldy) has one - I expect the definative answer will come from him.

Guest dasherman

Quadlight's are longer but the hole spacings the same. The original Remington recoil lug slot will need to be filled in and another cut further forward. Slot for the trigger mech will need opening out and another hole/pillar for the centre action screw added. If your using the RPA trigger guard a longer slot needs cutting underneath. Get the action into the stock at the correct height or you will have issues with the trigger and trigger guard fouling.

Neil is spot on there. I had all this to do when i built my 6.5 x 47. I used rpa,s floorplate which is no longer available , the one that takes a 10 round trg mag.No reason why an aics mag floorplate [such as ours ] couldn,t be used instead.

Not a difficult job at all.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Depends on the chassis model you´re looking at. The ones with tubular forends could be tricky or right impossible. I have my 2 RPAs in AICS, which is perfectly fine. When I was checking the dimensions on the 1st gen AX chassis it did not seem possible.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 8:07 AM, lapua said:

just resurrecting this old post.

does anyone know if an RPA quadlite (chambered in .243) will fit, function and feed in an XLR chassis?

I don't think so.

Everything is as a rem 700 ie hole spacings and mag position, but the recoil lug on a Quadlite is further forward, and there is no " meat" further forward in an XLR to machine [ as i remember ]

1 hour ago, baldie said:

I don't think so.

Everything is as a rem 700 ie hole spacings and mag position, but the recoil lug on a Quadlite is further forward, and there is no " meat" further forward in an XLR to machine [ as i remember ]

Thanks, i didnt buy the rpa in the end. Bought a remmy. Selling the xlr now too.

21 hours ago, baldie said:

I don't think so.

There is 25mm of meat to play with, the issue would be the handguard forend tube, you would have to notch it to get the recoil lug past it.

23 hours ago, Woodlander said:

Dave,would this be the case if you were attempting to fit a Barnard in to the XLR Evo chassis? Thanks

No Idea i'm afraid. I try not to work on them.

Archived