my blinged up .22 cz

sauer

well guys

i was bored and offshore and found this guy Paul Day & his website

http://www.laminategunstocks.co.uk/

i assumed i couldnt get a left hand stock for my cz452 .22lr

but i emailed the guy out of curiousity and low n behold he had a stock ready that ccustomer had fallen thru on.......normally his stuff is 12 to 16 weeks waiting i was told......sod that i want now! hehehehehe

anyhoooo....only thing wa its a benchresr styled kinda thing...mmmmmmmmmmm

dunnoe....ach well i went for it

put the stock into the action today and WOW!!!!!!!

ANY CONCERNS ABOUT THE LOOK OF IT WENT OUUT THE WINDOW ...I LOVE IT..

also it just "feels" so right and comfortable

went to check my zero and my groups improved no end!!!!!!!!!

wife wanted a shot.....BUGGER ME........same bloody hole for the whole mag!!!!

always was a better shot ....biatch!!!

anyway heres the pjotos that he send me whilst he was finishing off the stock with oil etc......ots someone elses rifle in the stock but will give you an idea

Paul Day was a great bloke to deal with and would use again

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6530.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6520.jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

sauer

Looks very smart, stocks look like Richard's Custom stock ones, how easy was it to fit, Richard's have a reputation for requiring a lot of fettling to get to fit.

I assume it added a few ozs to the weight.

A

Nice looking job sauer you are right the CZ does not look out of place sat in there.

Aly, these stocks are indeed Richards Microfit and do require a lot of work, the inlets especially

I got the stock come through for that Vartarg project i told you about and we asked Richards to leave it uninletted.

Ian.

Is this the chap in Hull, Paul ?

I had a guy in a while ago with an unfinished one, that was obviously a richards, or a richards copy, and he had got it from Hull .

The one thing that buggers us up in the UK is the price of laminate. All the guys with copiers wont touch it, as the low end price of the market, as served by richards, and boyd,s is untouchable.

The one thing that buggers us up in the UK is the price of laminate. All the guys with copiers wont touch it, as the low end price of the market, as served by richards, and boyd,s is untouchable.

Dave, can you elaborate why please?

im sure Paul Day is in Grimsby Dave.

he says hes done a lot of cz stocks and seems to put a lot of work down towards south africa.

very nice chap to deal with

mine basically slotted straight in.....apart form the inlet needs a small amount shaved off to get the safety to operate but its literally a ball hair off....thats my next immediate job....and ive got the stock oil and dremel ordered with polishin and sanding bits.

it has added a fair amount of weight yes but not unuseable and to be honest most of my .22lr work has been lamping with a window bag from the jeep......

when i tried it yesterday off the bonnet i couldnt believe how "solid" and right the stock felt......like a glove and i shot better than with standard stock.

sauer / paul

Yeah, that's Richard's "Tactical" stock/pattern; I fit one to a Savage, years ago...

Richard's do have a "VIP" -Virtual Inletted Part- for some rifles (obviously, CZ is one of them). This is why their reputation for inletted stocks is all over the place, some of them are very good, and some (the more obscure or less frequently ordered) stocks are a major pain to fit.

Nice rifle (I bet that cut away palm swell feels real natural)...

yeah that palm swell just "fits" no other words to describe it.....ive never held or used a true left hander thumbhole but i can imagine how good they would feel.

so the stock i have qwas made by someone else ..."Richards" ?

sorry i just found the guy i ordered froms site n used that......

sauer

Nice looking job sauer you are right the CZ does not look out of place sat in there.

Aly, these stocks are indeed Richards Microfit and do require a lot of work, the inlets especially

I got the stock come through for that Vartarg project i told you about and we asked Richards to leave it uninletted.

Ian.

So you in letted and fitted the stock, its a very neat job Ian, excellent work, you must be pleased with it and it looks like sauer is well pleased and quite rightly to.

A

So you in letted and fitted the stock, its a very neat job Ian, excellent work, you must be pleased with it and it looks like sauer is well pleased and quite rightly to.

A

No No not me Aly, i am referring to the uninletted stock i have in the garage ready for Alled 12s Vartarg project.

Ian.

Dave, can you elaborate why please?

Purely down to shipping costs Ian. Laminate is bloody heavy stuff. It also blunts cutters far more rapidly than wood. There just isn,t the profit in mass producing in it here. We have continually tried to get a stock made here, customstock would do us one, but we just cannot get anywhere near the price of the mass produced ones from boyd,s.

People like Gary Cane use a lot of it, but he is bespoke/top end stuff, and the profit margins are completely different.

I have found richards stocks to be very reasonable. OK they do need a fair amount of work, its handy when you know somebody who is good at woodwork such as Vermincinerator. When they are finished they do look good. The costs of these stocks sent from the USA is very reasonable I think the last one I bought which vermincinerator is refering to was about £180 all in including Mr Osbournes bit, just out of interest Sauer how does that compare to what you paid? They can be a bit funny to deal with but hey for that price I will probably get a few more of these. Now I just have to make sure I stay in Verm's good books lol. The new ones in electric blue, I always had a bit of a fetish for the pink one they do, not. There worth a look just dont expect them to be a drop in all the time.

well

if i had probably done a wee bit more research on these and known vercimantor was doing them i would have used him......

£180 ? damn dite cheaper than the guy i used ...£250

;)

but its a good job in my opinion and was very pleasant to deal with

so all in all

im happy

sauer

Archived