sako let down

bri2506

Rang up local dealer and to order A sako 85 finlight in 22/250 and a varmint lamiate in 204. got told i could have the 22/250 but it would be 6 months, if wanted the set trigger option it would be 12 months.

i dont understand why the bothing advertising new rifles if its going to take that long to get them.

Think ill order a remmy in 22/250 and a pulsar 550 instead.

Is there anyone else as impatient as me.

Sorry chaps just having moan

I can’t understand why there is such a long order on firearms at the moment, surly they are not providing these for the war efforts in the Middle East also?

Is it because the continental factories close down for August?

I can't understand why there is such a long order on firearms at the moment, surly they are not providing these for the war efforts in the Middle East also?

Is it because the continental factories close down for August?

they have been told that because they are american rounds, america has taken all the orders. why they cant split the up on a percentage of orders is beyond me

I have a mate that works in a Gunshop in Denver. He says that sales of all Firearms and Ammunition including components are still flying off the shelves thanks to Obama`s anti gun stance. I can only assume that Sako are running flat out to supply, what is after all, their biggest market. We get the left overs it would seem.

You could always speak to Fox and get a Cooper. :(

Nick.

Rang up local dealer and to order A sako 85 finlight in 22/250 and a varmint lamiate in 204. got told i could have the 22/250 but it would be 6 months, if wanted the set trigger option it would be 12 months.

i dont understand why the bothing advertising new rifles if its going to take that long to get them.

Think ill order a remmy in 22/250 and a pulsar 550 instead.

Is there anyone else as impatient as me.

Sorry chaps just having moan

good to see some things don't change....When I ordered my .204 in a 75 I Varmint, I was told 2 months, then it became 5 and I got it 10 months after the order. I partly blame GMK, who must be one of the worst representatives of companies in their portfolio there ever was...it is just a pity they have Tikka, Sako and Berreta on their list. Get a second hand 75, better gun and you will not have to wait, don't go for second rate items!

best wishes,

Finman

PS: things are considerably faster if you are left handed, always some leftovers in the factory! Got my 6.5x55 in a week!

I think you will find that most new guns are on an extended delivery, every new gun I have ever ordered has been 6 months plus.

Manufacturers will only build to order, a long lead time is good for them as it means they dont have staff layoffs etc. Your local gunshop may have a representative sample but unless its exactly what you want you wait.

The wholesale distributer has no competition, so as long as he meets sales figures he wont be pressed to hard to change anything. That probably means ordering 6 months plus ahead and predicting what will sell. What does not then sell they are stuck with so you can understand their reluctance to stuff themselves with rifles when things like shotguns and accessories move far faster.

In theory the stock should be held at GMK, that it is not does not surpise me. I waited over 9 months for a lightweight 12 bore 687EELL through them, even then the gun I had specially ordered turned up with sling swivels attached, just what I wanted on a driven game gun.

A

I bought a supernova recently, i think it had at least seven variants. GMK had a cammo one in stock, and that was it. One bloody supernova for the UK. Disgraceful.

I bought a supernova recently, i think it had at least seven variants. GMK had a cammo one in stock, and that was it. One bloody supernova for the UK. Disgraceful.

I think thats whats called taking advantage of a captive market, but I dont suppose they get replacement stock in a couple of weeks. It is a problem ordering stock on a six month lead time, get it wrong and it costs big time, get it right and nobody notices !!.

Three or four major wholesalers control the whole market and a couple of major retailers do a good marketing job then are short of stock from the wholesalers.

A

Why would you want a 22-250 and a 204?

22-250 for long range foxing did want 25-06 for that but they wont open it up for foxing as i have 223 on

204 for crow and rabbit control but generally messing, just fancied something different

Personally I would just get a 22-250 as they are so similar ballistically but the 22-250 is the king IMHO but each to his own.

Just compared two 40 GRN loads on the Hornady website and with a 200 yard zero there is 0.2 inches difference in drop at 300 yards between the two.

Have you had the OK from your FEO for the 204 on Vermin, Lancs are very sticky on the subject for some reason.

Archived