Longest wait for your 1st FAC

Ok chaps

I have a mate who has a shotgun licence and is under merseyside, he applied for his 1st FAC around september last yr, and is yet still waiting...ive said that if that was me after the 2 month period i would of been ranting..

He doesnt want to upset them as its his first FAC..??

But 9 months wait..and no FAC that point id be marching into there office and demand what the fxxk is going on.

So what the longest you chaps have waited or have heard of someone whos waited this long or longer ?

And what would you guys say/do in my mates position...as i have told him stop being soft and stalling it ,and get in there and ask whats going on.

Mick

hi mick i would imagine theres either problems with it or theve lost it

get him to ring them

9 months seems like an unreasonable amount of time to wait, even if it has been refused, he should have been contacted.

My guess is admin error - its been lost or overlooked.

He will do no harm by a polite telephone call - "excuse me, I applied in sept 09, and had no contact since, could someone help please" - or words to that effect..

Thats almost as long as Ive waited for a hat................

PS, your other stuf turned up today................

More on your tab.

9 months is WAY too long, even for Merseyside. One of our lads waited about 3/4 months with them pissing him around for having deer on his ticket, but they got it to him in the end.

Got mine in about 5 weeks.

4 months and I only got it because I rang up to ask where it was, only to be told...

"Oh yes, its in #####'s tray but she doesnt work in this department anymore - would you like me to process it for you??"

:blink:

When he las called ..date im sure off..he was told they have staff on either leave or sick so are short staffed...but like i say..even so 9 months is taking the piss

Mick

When I applied for mine in Sussex it took a few days over 9 months. The reason they gave was that I didn't have a cabinet installed (despite all my shooting being target and my .22 kept at the club and the 7.62 kept at Bisley). I finally got around to installing the cabinet over a weekend and was going to call them on the Monday but my FAC arrived on the mat before I left for work!!

It also took about 4 months when I transferred it to London...

Perhaps they think I'm a bit dodgy!!! :blink:

JohnE

• 2 weeks later...

My FAC grant took about ten months. In the end I phoned them and asked to speak to the office manager. When I got to talk to the boss man I told him I had a stalking holiday booked for a weeks time and as I'd applied for my FAC over nine months ago I assumed they would be footing the bill for the non refundable deposit?! Two hours later they did a land visit and the next morning I got a call asking me to drop in and pick it up! :)

speaking to a flo before xmas and he told me the longest he had seen in west mercia for a renewal NOT A GRANT WAS 18 MONTHS !!!

now there on the ball and more then helpful. 4 weeks for shotgun, 6 to 7 weeks for a grant of fac .

1week for a change to your fireams ticket. vermin ,fox and deer for centrefires. of course depending on what deer your going for

Archived