I've used "PRO CHRONO" and it's def a good bit of kit. I would avoid The "Chrony" folding box type. A friend has one and it's a pain in bright sunlight..

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetai...ochrono_digital

Any chrono will be unreliable in bright sunlight. That's why they come with sun shades. I've used the "folding Chronys" for years. I currently have three of them.~Andrew

Any chrono will be unreliable in bright sunlight. That's why they come with sun shades. I've used the "folding Chronys" for years. I currently have three of them.~Andrew

thanks for the replys

i asked about the chrono as i saw 1 been used a few years ago it was a box type and it was all over with the figures so i have stayed away from the things but know i need to know about the ammo i shoot for long range shooting using the exbal programe i am a great believer that you only get what you pay for and can they be reliable for what they are meant to be doing and still be costing under £100.

regards

chris

I have been in this business long enough to know that you don't always get what you paid for. Chronogaphs are all basically the same. It's the hype and the fancy housing you pay for; along with the added bells and whistles like computers. As I said, I have three of them. I had two (for measuring BC's) but an ammo maker asked me to QC s half a case of rimfire ammo from a suspected bad Lot and a squib load hit the front screen housing of my oldest Chrony. They replaced the Chrony but the one that got hit, despite the gouge in the metal housing, continued to work perfectly. They are tough and portable but hey! Get what you want. I'm sticking with Chronys.~Andrew

PS: This ammo maker, a rather large one, had no problem with me using a Chrony for my evaluations.

i have the beta master chrony, the blusr folding one.... very very good, and comes with the shades for bright days...

reads very well indeed, alot better than the alpha, as my friend had trouble with his reading and changed to a beta master too,

maybe he just got a dud the first time who knows...

Snap.

Theres one of these for sale on the BBS at the moment.

"

CED M2 Chronograph, the Blerb on this professional Chrono follows.

* Folding Mounting Bracket - 2 ft. bracket folds in half for compact storage

* Wide Screens - larger sensing area than most is possible due to "Dual Lens" sensor technology

* Advanced Error Warning - so you can detect problems early

* Easy assembly - sensors slip on ends of a square mounting bracket, held by adjustable tension plate, no screws or bolts

* Faster With Minimal Lag Time - The official IPSC match chron, will keep up with any race gunner, even full auto weapons

* Voice Chip Technology - one and 1/2 seconds after each shot a voice tells you the velocity!

* Permanent Memory - stores 1,000 shots (500 per string). Review and edit strings within the chronograph. No small pieces of paper!

* USB Connectivity & Software - shoot all day then dump data to a PC USB port for further analysis

* Auto-Shut Down Mode - to save battery life without affecting data in memory

* Improved Sensor Design - the only digitally controlled sensors that self adjust for varied lighting conditions

* All The Functions You Need - high, low and average velocity; extreme spread, standard deviation, edit and omit functions, 10X mode records velocity in decimeters, meters or feet;...even IPSC Power Factor calculations. Need to crunch some numbers? Do it right on the chronograph keypad.

* Full Warrantee - CED warrantees their products against manufacturing defects for two years. If something fails to work, they will replace it.

* A "True" Infrared (IR) Lighting Option ($89) - will work under any condition, even indoors or in complete darkness. No other chronograph has this option and it is far more useful than a "proof screen" when if there is not enough light. Don't be fooled by tinted tops and filters that claim to emit Infrared.

Connectivity for PC's

The poor thing has been shot just above one of the sensors & I taped it up, doesn't affect it working perfectly, apart from that there isn't a mark on it.

Looking for £120.00 posted

"

Excuse the cut n paste from the site

Mark

yrs ago , I had a Shooting Chrony , it started off alright , and at the time I did not know better , it rapidly when to sh*t , and I decided , I would not buy a cheap rubbish chrony again , it's just wasted money .

Saved for a bit and brought a Oehler 35P , and it's a great piece of kit .

As for whats good , and available now , do some research .

They stopped making the Oehler's as every one brought cheap crap chrony's instead of some thing that really works , had heard they may start up again , I am just glad I got mine when they where available .

You do get what you pay for generally .

So what didn't work on your Chrony?

Oehler was always neck and neck with the Canadian Chrony. It was the proliferation of cheap, Chinese chronos that drove Oehler into other interests. If Chrony was a bad instrument, then they wouldn't be in business still. If you had a bad one you should have gotten it sorted out. ~Andrew

I have the LED millenium 2 chroni which was working on par and similar readings with a mates Oehler then when i last took it out last time i was home it was giving low readings 100 fps low on all shots why i dont know so not a happy chappy with it.

been looking at these chrono,s which are exp but like they say you get what you pay for.

http://www.vjcsupplies.co.uk/velocity-measurement.html

they do have a newer unit which is the 2008

It is now the PVM 2008, it looks and works exactly the same as the 21 the change is with the internal software. When operating the PVM on battery power, as you well might on a remote rifle range, the software monitors the supply voltage and warns you of any impending low supply voltage situation. It gives you about 15 minutes warning. Everything else is as before. The PVM comes with a very comprehensive software package that enables the user to generate just about every conceivable report and format. The accuracy and repeatability of the PVM is outstanding.

Price when i enquired was around 600 quid...im on my 3 chrono now in what 2 yrs..so do i go for one of these ?

I do know someone who has one and gives good reports on them.

Mick

I use an F1 and bright sun screws it, but I have a sheet of card to go over the shades.

Also use a cable to connect it to my Laptop and a £10 unlock key for a programme.

The cable is made by stot on airgunbbs.com and also he does the unlock code for £10. The prog is an upgrade of the one Ian Pellant wrote or was attributed to AFAIK.

This cable also works for other chronys CED etc

The Pro Chrono I have cost me £80, new about 3 years ago. I can honestly say that it has registered every shot put over its sensors in natural light, from rimfire subsonics to 4300 fps light bullet 17 Rem loads.

I'd buy another Pro Chrono anytime.

It just stopped working altogether , and alot of other shooters at the same time had simialr experiences .

The Oehler's actually where not that expensive in my veiw , but most only wanted to send $60-80 bucks on one , which is not enough if you want something half way reasonable .

Also , a lot of people , put things OFF , and say to them selves , I wil get one next yr or the yr after , no need to rush IT ( it will always be available ) , and when the company goes broke , because of the above & cheap crap thats not worht any thing , they bitch & moan like little girls .

As soon as Oehler stopped making them the price for 2nd hand Oehlers more than doubled , with people realising they had left it too late .

With the Oehler , you can spread the sky screen spacing out to 15 feet max , from the manual at 3000fps accuracy at

2ft spacing 8fps

4ft spacing 4fps

8ft spacing 2fps

Within reason , the longer the base lenght the more accurate results you get , similar to sight radius with iron sights etc

Later Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys ,

Just a quick note , to say the Ohehler 35P is back in production for a limited run @ $575 USD , so if you have ever wanted one and did not have one already , get it now , delivery in July .

Later Chris

P.S. Go to ( www.6mmbr.com/index.html ) and click on top left hand box " Daily bulletin "

Archived