Aftermarket Adjustable Combs??

I'm pretty sure this is an aftermarket comb raiser. Does anyone know if you can buy this type of comb raiser as an aftermarket product separate to the stock? Thereby allowing people to simply add one onto an existing synthetic stock?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/gallery/27/full/4279.jpg

If so, where are they available?

Cheers,

Oly

Got something very similar [supplied by McM tho'] on my McM which I think is not the best solution as an integral one is best with a better system of holding it in position but McM didn't do an integral one for my stock. :D:angry:

Make sure you get enough clearence for bolt travel to the rear and "out" as to keep adjusting the cheek piece does become a PITA.

Also check tightness of bolts every now and again as they do work loose and if lost, I think it would be a PITA to get a replacement.

I have one of the karsten cheekpieces on an AR stock. They work pretty well.

Wayne at northwest custom parts brings them in. I think they are £60 ish.

Cheers lads, always know I can rely on you! Now my broadband is down and surfing on the mobile is too slow...anyone do internet callout?!!? :D

The one I like the best on the McMillan stocks is the integral " KMW " logger head type , looks real nice .

Be aware on most Fibreglass stocks , having a adjustable cheekrest/comb makes the stock weigh heavier & costs more , so just be aware of that .

Later Chris

Got something very similar [supplied by McM tho'] on my McM which I think is not the best solution as an integral one is best with a better system of holding it in position but McM didn't do an integral one for my stock. :wub::blush:

Make sure you get enough clearence for bolt travel to the rear and "out" as to keep adjusting the cheek piece does become a PITA.

Also check tightness of bolts every now and again as they do work loose and if lost, I think it would be a PITA to get a replacement.

Just get a slot milled into the front edge f the cheekpiece to alow the bolt to be removed without adjustment. I've sen this done many times by Riflecraft on McMillan stocks

Mark

Archived