Harris Leg Notches

Can someone please explain the difference in operation between notched leg harris bipods and the non-notched harris bipods?

Yes... the notched leg ones are a pain in the arse.

The non notched have a lock on each leg, which allow you to lock off the leg, in ANY position....not just on the notches.

Horses for whatsits.. I prefer notched legs.. The lower legs dont disappear up into the upper legs when loosened like they do in non notched.. Why do they do that? Notched spring out, non notched spring in !!!

Notched are easier to level up to each other even if they dont have the range of adjustment of non notched..

We should have a forum wide vote on the issue...... Yes i know i'm a sad Fecker....... ;);):D

I think they are a waist of time because when shooting of an uneven surface. (and this happens all the time) it is very hard to adjust your rifle level. they are a good idea for shooting from a stable level platform.

but then again so is a front rest on a shooting bench.

I have had them in all different sizes and i now have none. and will not be adding any to my collection

ATB

Colin

I think they are a waist of time because when shooting of an uneven surface. (and this happens all the time) it is very hard to adjust your rifle level. they are a good idea for shooting from a stable level platform.

but then again so is a front rest on a shooting bench.

I have had them in all different sizes and i now have none. and will not be adding any to my collection

ATB

Colin

So what do you use in the field these days, Versapod, Shooting bag or just freehand ?.

I use Harris swivel non notched ones, just aquired a short one from another member here, they work just fine.

A

I hunt.. prefer non notched. Much quieter pulling out a leg quietly than a

sprung loaded leg twanging out.

When it's time to retract the legs noise is mostly not so important.

edi

I find I have no problems with notched legs on my bipods on my rifles. All I do is when I get set up is I let out the legs to the fourth notch and fold them up under the barrel so they are then ready to use. all I do is pull them down into position for the shot and back up after. Eric..

So what do you use in the field these days, Versapod, Shooting bag or just freehand ?.

I use Harris swivel non notched ones, just aquired a short one from another member here, they work just fine.

A

i use the same as you but not notched.

ATB

Colin

Archived