Firearms and divorce

eldon

You have to dispose of any goods for "A reasonable market value" , so that is a non starter and could land you with a worse situation.

The deposit with RFD is best advice and also get a sympathetic valuation off him remembering the above.

Redfox

... a friend of mine from the same club was going through a very messy divorce,.., one day his wife accused him of threatening her with a pistol

The police immediately revoked his FAC and ordered him to surrender his pistols,

Anyway he lodged the pistols with a RFD rather then let the police have them.

It later came out that his ex-wife made the whole thing up, however he never got his FAC back even though the police were ordered to by a judge.

Ian.

Man, that is horribly similar to a mate of mine, only his was more bizarre.

It was actually his brother going through a split-up and the vindictive bitch accused my mate of acting threateningly and "having guns". He hadn't even talked to her for ages! She was probably just trying to hurt her husb even more. End result was the cops showed up and confiscated my mate's collection but he eventually got it back.

No-one needs any of this s##t

Chris-NZ

Thanks for all your support guys.

There is some genuine people on here and there is a few I have spoken to on the phone which is uplifting.

<_< thanks again

I know its hard but try and keep things amicable, you and your kids will regret it if you dont.

Good luck,

A

Very good advice, we all love our shooting, but family has to come first.

All the best mate,

Oly.

Thanks for all your support guys.

There is some genuine people on here and there is a few I have spoken to on the phone which is uplifting.

;) thanks again

Hi i have no advice or experience of what you are going through but keep you chin up time is a heeler so they say all the best to you.

Archived