Diggle accommodation?

This ones aimed at anyone who shoots at Diggle, Baldie , Ronin etc.

Can anyone recommend accommodation around the Diggle range, and do they have rifle storage facility's at the range?

Having never shot at Diggle I have no idea about the range layout, but I'm told they have a very tricky wind, so for the 500/600 F class shoot in April would I be better off using my 7WSM which will handle the wind better or the more accurate 6BR?

This ones aimed at anyone who shoots at Diggle, Baldie , Ronin etc.

Can anyone recommend accommodation around the Diggle range, and do they have rifle storage facility's at the range?

Having never shot at Diggle I have no idea about the range layout, but I'm told they have a very tricky wind, so for the 500/600 F class shoot in April would I be better off using my 7WSM which will handle the wind better or the more accurate 6BR?

Hi my mate,,

Ian give vince bottomley a shout, he will tell you the score on accomadation at the diggle,,,, He is on this site as gunpimp??? Hope that this is of help

Darrel

Ian

if I am off (and I havent checked yet as they are messing with the shifts) I will be shooting the comp - you can stop at my gaff if that suits and travel 1hr each way each day with me.

There was a list posted last year of various hotels / pubs that Mik, Les or Stuart compiled....

I would opt for the 7mm, it gets a mite windy very quickly - calm it very rarely is.

• 3 weeks later...

Elwood,

Only just seen your post re accommodation at Diggle. First off - glad you are coming, it will be a great weekend.

Yes - we do have a large safe for rifle storage but obviously there is a limit - most take their rifles with them. Most of the hotels/guest houses/B&Bs are used to having shooters stay.

You seem to be fixed up accommodation-wise but there are lots of small places within a few minutes of the range.

7mm or 6BR? Mmmm...............bring both - it might be windy.........

Cheers

Vince

Ian

I am still "negotiating" shifts re the comp weekend, at the moment its looking dubious :P

Elwood,

Only just seen your post re accommodation at Diggle. First off - glad you are coming, it will be a great weekend.

Yes - we do have a large safe for rifle storage but obviously there is a limit - most take their rifles with them. Most of the hotels/guest houses/B&Bs are used to having shooters stay.

You seem to be fixed up accommodation-wise but there are lots of small places within a few minutes of the range.

7mm or 6BR? Mmmm...............bring both - it might be windy.........

Cheers

Vince

Thanks for the info Vince.

Andy, no worries and thanks for the very generous offer.

• 2 weeks later...
How did you get on Ian ? wasn,t it this weekend just gone ?

I hope not Dave because I wasn't there. Next week end is the F class training week end which should be a great help to a novice such as myself, even though I do already shoot F class with another club.

The first F class match is at Diggle in April.

It's all getting a bit expensive now, I'm even having to buy a bigger car to get all my kit in!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived