Knife handle scales

Scotch_egg

I have managed to damage the scales on my puma mountain lion 2 knife. I was going through the ribs of a young fallow doe at the weekend and gave the handle a wack with a wooden brush, should have got the saw out :( This has snapped the right scale.

Now can any one re-scale the knife or know any one who can. I love it to bits and don't want to have to srap it. The ridges on the edge of the knife allow so much grip. I've not seen this on any other knife.

049.jpg

047.jpg

you may struggle mate, esp if the knife has been tempered and then the "rivvets" knocked down over the handle.

You could possibly get away with re-doing those rivvets but will end up with a narrower knife handle.

Or, you could have them machined out, and then re-done.

alternatively get yourself an EKA SWITCH BLADE,

Contact Doug on 01209 212766 he is in Cornwall so the knife will need to be posted to him.

He is not a member on UKV, but several have traded with him...

He has made a vast number of knives all of stunning quality, and also makes a multitude of leather items..

Doug could give your knife a custom make over with new scales in a variety of materials....

An eg. of his work.

DSCF1573.jpg

DSCF1562.jpg

You might want to try Moonraker knives:

http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/

I have a friend who is a professional stalker who is absolute hell on knives, and managed to break at least one Puma. The guy at Moonraker was very helpful and carries a good range as well.

Martin, that,s stunning. Is it burr elm that,s been stained green ?

I used to use lots of it years ago for walking stick handles.

I bought the scales off of Eba*..

The were labeled as ` Stabilized + dyed Maple Burl`

It was completely hand made from stock 01 tool steel, took Doug about two weeks..

His words .." each knife takes part of my soul "...I think he meant they are a bast**d to make . :unsure:

Archived