Barnard Model 07

MJR

What was the outcome Darrel ? ..

Fox firearms have a couple in there stock list...£2900 - £2950....

Mine and vinces rifle both broke the egg at 500 yrds to share 100 pounds???

Realy nice piece of kit,,,,

Martin have you won the pool,s or somthing?????

All the best Darrel :D

The 07's are a nice rifle, lovely to handle and although I havent shot one, ive had a couple set up to shoot from prone and sitting in the range house at Diggle.

(possibly Vinces rifle)

They feel solid, the tube fitment is strong and the SM action feels pure quality when cycling the bolt.

Downside - price in the UK, too much for me, I even looked at going direct for the 07 chassis and "own build" an SM in 308, but something more desirable (and cheaper) caught my eye.

Mine and vinces rifle both broke the egg at 500 yrds to share 100 pounds???

Realy nice piece of kit,,,,

Martin have you won the pool,s or somthing?????

All the best Darrel ;)

Not the pools...

I won on the National Lottery...! ..and if i get another £10 next week i will nearly have enough for a box of Amax ... :D

We never did get a reply from Barnard Andy- mind you with Chuck dying, they're probably in some disarray.

Some news you might be very interested in- TrueFlite are now making the HHE alum/woodtrim stocks that a Barnard action just slots into. The orig is a "prone target rifle" design but Tony tells me they also have a low rider bench stock coming out- 75mm forend, fitment under butt to ride rear bag, .. He saw the prototypes yesterday and was -v- impressed with build quality. They have also invested in a new CNC lathe for barrel profiling so that'll increase efficiency and should also allow production of exact clones of pre-chambered barrel to fit Barnards.

Those guys are doing a great job.

Chris-NZ

'but something more desirable (and cheaper) caught my eye'

whatever that is, is it available left handed? or at least ambidextrous stock with left hand bolt?

Not sure what the MRP is new, the object of my desire is half "as new" and half brand new.

It is available as a left hander, the stock is totally ajustable.

Sounds good. When do we get to know what it is? I keep looking and I think i've come to the conclusion that the rifle I want does not exist. To me the concept is simple. I want a rifle light enough to carry, magazine fed, left hand and 100yd capable. To achieve this there seems compromises have to be made somewhere?

Sounds good. When do we get to know what it is? I keep looking and I think i've come to the conclusion that the rifle I want does not exist. To me the concept is simple. I want a rifle light enough to carry, magazine fed, left hand and 100yd capable. To achieve this there seems compromises have to be made somewhere?

100 yards or 1000 yards?

• 7 months later...

hi guys i no this reply is a bit late but only just joined forum but in reply to how good is a barnard 07 i have owned one for about 2 month and in that time i can honestly say it is a fantastic bit of kit worth every penny my spec is left handed 26"trueflight s/steel barrel very accurate in .260 what a calibre 5 shot group fantastic 10shot hs dm barnard sm action really a joy to shoot.

How about a Tubb gun (if they do a lefty version).

hi ahpp tub rifle i believe is a very good rifle but it is only based on what i have been told and i have never shot one but i own a barnard 07 leftie and it must be on parr with tubbs if not better it is lovely and smooth to shoot in .260 remington calibre and the action being a barnard sm speaks for itself as they have the reputation for being solid.

Archived