speedmasters

Im wanting to buy myself a custom ssr-15 speedmaster in .223 but so far have only been offered a 1 in 8 barrel twist which isnt really much good to me because i want it for foxing and plan to use a much lighter round than that barrel would be any good for, if anyone has had a good 1 in 10 or 1 in 12 barrel made for there speedmaster id appreciate any help or advice they had for me..

cheers Guy

Guy... My hunting bud has a Speedmaster 1 in 8" tube and he's been using my Berger 60 grn flat based hollow points over 26 grns Varget through it. More than man enough for charlie and 0.5 moa at 200 yards.. What more could you want ? :)

Would this not be good enough for foxing with an AR15 Guy?

P1040174.jpg

Shot with this rifle.

P6200220.jpg

1-8 twist is the way forward with an AR, gives you the chance to get out to 600yds or more with 70gr+ bullets.

I use mine mainly for fox/vermin/plinking with 55gr Blitzking because it's cheap to run and just plain good fun to shoot.

Pete

There's no point in going slower, it's only taking a step backwards.

Sure people can build you a slower twist barrelled rifle, but you'll have to wait until they get that particular blank in as people like SGC and myself only really keep 8 twists in stock.

Menial1 was of the old way of thinking until I made him a believer :)

P1040174.jpg

Shot with this rifle.

P6200220.jpg

1-8 twist is the way forward with an AR, gives you the chance to get out to 600yds or more with 70gr+ bullets.

I use mine mainly for fox/vermin/plinking with 55gr Blitzking because it's cheap to run and just plain good fun to shoot.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for that its made my mind up to go for the 1 in 8 twist bull flutted barrel i had planned to and at £241 its alot cheaper than going down the route of new barrels. much appreciated advice thanks again...

Guy... My hunting bud has a Speedmaster 1 in 8" tube and he's been using my Berger 60 grn flat based hollow points over 26 grns Varget through it. More than man enough for charlie and 0.5 moa at 200 yards.. What more could you want ? :)

Cheers goin to go for the the set up i had planned keeping the 1 in 8 barrel.

Get in touch with Mark Bradley [ Bradders on here] . I own a speedmaster personally, and if i wanted another ar15 i would go to Mark instead. I personally think his rifle,s are better. He would also taylor it more to your needs.

There's no point in going slower, it's only taking a step backwards.

Sure people can build you a slower twist barrelled rifle, but you'll have to wait until they get that particular blank in as people like SGC and myself only really keep 8 twists in stock.

Menial1 was of the old way of thinking until I made him a believer :o

'Tis true, the 40gr loading was just an experiment after somebody had told me you can't shoot light bullets accurately with 1-8.

The group could have been tighter but it was below freezing and my hands were about dropping off.

Cheers for the advice Mark, I was indeed a doubter.

Pete.

P1040174.jpg

Shot with this rifle.

P6200220.jpg

Pete

Hi there Bradders ive been adviced to get in touch with you as im after a AR15 style rifle and im told your the bloke for the job, ive listed the spec of what SGC could do for me but like i said im told you make a much better rifle, can you help me out please?

SGC Machined From Forging 7075-T6 Alloy Mil spec Receiver with SGC & DPMS Parts £189.81

Command Arms SRS Rifle Stock with Monopod & Buffer Tube Assembly £352.06

Arnold Jewel 2 Stage Trigger £195.66

Hogue Overmolded Grip £24.03

Standard Safety £5.75

Standard Mag Release £4.66

DPMS Tactical Bolt Release £11.50

Magazine .223 cal 20 Round Capacity £19.57

Low, Left Side Charging Match Upper With Match Bolt & Carrier (Integral Scope Rail) £330.62

Hogue Overmolded Alloy Free Float Handguard Rifle £69.00

.223 Cal Stainless Bull Fluted Ultramatch Barrel 20" 1 in 8 Twist £247.25

Assembly and Proof Testing of Custom Rifle £57.50

Threading Barrel For Brake & Reflex Moderator £40.25

SGC New Style RIGHT Hand Cocking Lever £53.83

SGC Forend Stud £6.90

Total cost for this rifle £1608.40 (Includes VAT @ 15%).

Hi there Bradders ive been adviced to get in touch with you as im after a AR15 style rifle and im told your the bloke for the job, ive listed the spec of what SGC could do for me but like i said im told you make a much better rifle, can you help me out please?

SGC Machined From Forging 7075-T6 Alloy Mil spec Receiver with SGC & DPMS Parts £189.81

Command Arms SRS Rifle Stock with Monopod & Buffer Tube Assembly £352.06

Arnold Jewel 2 Stage Trigger £195.66

Hogue Overmolded Grip £24.03

Standard Safety £5.75

Standard Mag Release £4.66

DPMS Tactical Bolt Release £11.50

Magazine .223 cal 20 Round Capacity £19.57

Low, Left Side Charging Match Upper With Match Bolt & Carrier (Integral Scope Rail) £330.62

Hogue Overmolded Alloy Free Float Handguard Rifle £69.00

.223 Cal Stainless Bull Fluted Ultramatch Barrel 20" 1 in 8 Twist £247.25

Assembly and Proof Testing of Custom Rifle £57.50

Threading Barrel For Brake & Reflex Moderator £40.25

SGC New Style RIGHT Hand Cocking Lever £53.83

SGC Forend Stud £6.90

Total cost for this rifle £1608.40 (Includes VAT @ 15%).

Hi Geordie,

I don't like to do this stuff in public, so could you email that to me at mark@bradleyarms.com

Many thanks

Mark

Archived