.50bmg

Saturday is usually a day for odd-jobbing in the shop, and generally chewing the fact with customers who want to discuss a new gun etc. I always enjoy them. Tonight, one of my old customers who i,ve built several guns for , came in with a big cheesie on his face.

His new cannon had landed from Pete Starley.

Yep....a Swiss Nemesis .50 bmg.

Hell what a giant of a gun.

The barrel looked like it was off an Oerlikon, and the stock was a beautiful bit of engineering with bits to fiddle with allover. :P

The brake was a huge tank trap style job, and looked like it weighed a couple of kilo,s on its own.

You all know how big an NXS 12-42 x 56 looks on a gun dont you ?

It looked like a 4x20 on this beast.

He,s going to break it in in a fortnight up at Warcop.

I had to give him a lift out of the car with the peli case it came in . :P

Here,s one in action.

Handled and shot a couple of these, they are decent build quality and "reasonably" priced for a 50.

Not sure about the short barrelled version.....

Too much blast for me from the brake.

Look forwards to getting there if able to next week

As Ronin said, it's good gun at reasonable money. I've shot most of it's variants when I was looking at getting a .50, but the shorty defiantly made the most of the potential noise/blast...

th_nemisis50-1.jpg

Personally I've decided to stick with my .30-338 for long range stuff and will leave the .50 as just an idea. Although a 14.5mm shooting solids does look good....one day I might :P

I still cant decide between one of these or the RPA rangemaster. Trips to warcop don't help either, but the fact i live about 20 miles from the official UK importer for the nemesis does help a bit.

Sean, the official civilian importer of the nemesis, is Pete Starley, in warwickshire, Not bernie montana.He sells guns to foreign armed forces.

I,ve handled them both, and shot the rpa. The nemesis looks to be a better beast to my eyes.

Sean, the official civilian importer of the nemesis, is Pete Starley, in warwickshire, Not bernie montana.He sells guns to foreign armed forces.

I,ve handled them both, and shot the rpa. The nemesis looks to be a better beast to my eyes.

Thanks Dave,

I'll drop Pete a email then and see if his price beats Bernie's.

I must say the Nemesis looks better IMO but it hard to ignore the quality of the RPA.

I thought both were nice to shoot so that doesn't help me.

Perhaps some kind soul will let me put a few rounds of ball Ive got at home through theres to help me decide on Saturday :angry:.

Archived