mobile reloading setups ?

Barrelsniffer

Im looking at making up a mobile reloading,bench/platform,that i can easily set up in back of a 4x4,and use in the field.

Wondering if any of you chaps have something similar you can share with me as to how you made it/have it set up.

Any pics would be good so i can get a idea of what to go for.

Mick.

Mick.

I didn't make anything posh just a plain old B&D workmate with a piece of worktop and lots of clamps. Worked fine for loading up a dozen test loads at sennybridge a few weeks ago but i wouldn't like to load a complete run of test loads on it though.

Sean.

Cheers sean

Just been searching on the net,seems the only ones i can find is what looks flimsy,some stand that is being sold by midway,also like you did with the B+D but with a box attched,with kit fitted,looks quite good,just thinking of,setting / building something in back of a 4x4 so can attach reloading gear,so can do in the field.there and then.saves driving home just to do a few more,,, :angry::angry:

which can be a drive.

Mick

hi

I just bought a cheap workmate from machine mart ( less than £20) then Instead of fitting the wooden "jaws" to the top I screwed on a bit of worktop with a cutout for my press and holes to bolt the powder measure. its very solid on the resizing stroke, it just moves a little taking the slack out of the workmate when you lift the handle up to lower the case out of the sizing die. when seating no movement at all. stiil folds flat if you position the press away form the workmate legs

rgds

• 1 month later...
Cheers for info guys.

mick

Hi Mick,

The situation I was facing was having somewhere permanent at home for my reloading bench. I made a 5 sided box out of 1/2" ply that had the opening facing me.

On the top of the box I mounted the powder measure and press. Inside the box I can store my powder scales, powder trickler, dies, loading blocks etc. When I want to measure powder I simply put the scales and trcikler on the top between the powder measurer and press, that way I can dump some powder prom the measurer into the scale pan, trickle in some powder, dump the powder into the case and insert the case into the press in one failry smooth process.

It neatly stores out of the way when not in use, but when I want to use it I can clamp it to any work surface.

Hope that helps, if you want some pictures and dimensions just shout.

ATB

Simon

Archived