Ai Aw 6.5x47

Well my rifle is now fitted with my new jet-z sound mod!!!

Picked it up the other day from Mr Norris,,

gunpics073.jpg

Only fired two groups and bloody hell these mods are awesome!!!

No left or right differance just a few clicks up and bang on the money???

I have herd a lot of people talk about these mods but up untill now this is the first one that i have owned,,,,

The target in the pic was with 95g ballistic tip and the first four bullet were in .178 then the fith one just pulled out :lol: this was after i had got up and went to have a look at the target because i did not know were the bullets had gone???

This rifle is starting to look good???

All the best Darrel

Glad you are pleased my mate!!! :lol:

95 grainer's , Mr Foxy is in trouble now then!!!! :lol:

All the best................

RAY.......................................

Thanks lads,,

It took just over three weeks to fined the right load and after a lot of tinternet searching and advice from differant people and trying this that and the other,, It has finaly paid off :lol:

The big change was swopping over to the mag primers!!!!

it was like a differant rifle,,But with the cost of all the componants now that we uae for reloading,

it can start to get expensive and most of all time comsuming????

Lets face it all we want to do is go out and do some varminting not shooting at paper all day??.

Anyway that out of the way now, Lets go and play :lol:

Ray my mate, Them foxes had better look out now???? Co,s TROUBLE is on the way :lol:

Ronnin,, yes mate she sure is looking sweet and deadly,,, See you at the diggle soon i hope??

Elwood, Let me know as soon as you fire some groups!!!!!

Lamsey,,,, LETS GO AND PLAY!!!!!

All the best Darrel

Hey Mate,

Nice kit, now you can go out and play !!

Dont forget you can come over and check your load data when you want .

and compair it against my .22BR ? A little Task for you !!!

Just had Turner 73 (Rob) he seemed to have enjoyed himself give him a shout and see what he says

Hope you enjoy the Tack Driver !!

Forgot to ask you guys the other day if anyone was using N140 in their 6.5x47. My clubmate has his running and was getting very good vels with W748 but not great grouping. He's loathe to use Varget (has a thing against stick powders now..) but has a good supply of N140.

Any suggestions? This is for 123 Scenars

cheers

Chris-NZ

Chris, I'm reliably informed that the Lapua factory ammo is loaded with N140.

I have used N140 with 123 SMK's, my accuracy load was 37.6 grains, unfortunately I didn't run them over the chrono, but quickloads velocity predictions weren't that good.

• 2 weeks later...

Have got identical rifle, with a 26" Krieger.

I'm running 123 Scenars @2820 fps. A little on the slow side possibly but I only use this rifle out to 800 yds and it is easier on the brass and the bbl. If you push it harder, and you can run these at 300fps plus I reckon your in the same realms as a 6.5x284 and they munch steel.

I use 40gr of H4350. Good case fill and low spreads. I was always under the impression that Lapua used 37gr of Viht 150. Osok had an e-mail and that's what they said, oh well.

I've shot deer with the scenars and they do the job. I am going to use the Hornady 129 SSt's in future. They group superbly @ 100yds. When I do get to shoot a deer I'll keep you posted.

Have got identical rifle, with a 26" Krieger.

I'm running 123 Scenars @2820 fps. A little on the slow side possibly but I only use this rifle out to 800 yds and it is easier on the brass and the bbl. If you push it harder, and you can run these at 300fps plus I reckon your in the same realms as a 6.5x284 and they munch steel.

I use 40gr of H4350. Good case fill and low spreads. I was always under the impression that Lapua used 37gr of Viht 150. Osok had an e-mail and that's what they said, oh well.

I've shot deer with the scenars and they do the job. I am going to use the Hornady 129 SSt's in future. They group superbly @ 100yds. When I do get to shoot a deer I'll keep you posted.

Hi mate,,

I have tried loads that are on the slower side but to be honest i could not at the time get the groups at 100 that i wanted????

But now that i have started to use the cci450 primers i might load a few at 40g like you have said

And see what happens,,,,,

The problem is that it is the barrel that dictates what it liks not the user??????

Rgds f2n

Darrel,

I will second what you say about barrels dictating loads.

My old man has been having fun getting a load sorted for his 6.5 x47 started with loads suggested by Vince Bottomley and others, in the end, he ended up witha a completely different load working best for his gun.

It just goes to show, that what works in one rifle doesnt always work in another.

Are you sorted for the 600 yard BR shoot on the 15th.....

Been reloading for my 6.5 x 284, getting excited now........ yes it has been chucking it down all day and getting cabin fever.

Bruce

Darrel,

I will second what you say about barrels dictating loads.

My old man has been having fun getting a load sorted for his 6.5 x47 started with loads suggested by Vince Bottomley and others, in the end, he ended up witha a completely different load working best for his gun.

It just goes to show, that what works in one rifle doesnt always work in another.

Are you sorted for the 600 yard BR shoot on the 15th.....

Been reloading for my 6.5 x 284, getting excited now........ yes it has been chucking it down all day and getting cabin fever.

Bruce

Hi mate,

Yes my mare it is all sorted ready for the 600,,, Should be fun????

Bruce, What is your old man running his 47 at ?????

All the best, Darrel

Archived