Any RPA experts?

17 Rem

The usual fitments are two piece weaver fittings that are low profile.Suggest you contact RPA or HPS precision and I am sure they will be able to offer all the choices.

Believe me! one piece picatinny fitting is better but a little high if your action is in a sporter stock? If you acquire some low two piece base fittings make sure when fitting you push each base forward and keep pressure either to the left or right bias as you tighten the bases down this will ensure you will have them as straight as possible in relation to the action.The reason for this is that there is always play between the screw holes in the bases and their screws.If you fit them awkwardly then your scope may start off centre.I know this is being fussy but you dont have to be much out as a few thou here can be a million miles out down range and you will be asking your scope to make up the error?cheers Onehole.

Thanks for the replies so far.

The rail idea is all well and good if you want to mount a scope with a large objective, but I don't. My comb isn't particularly low, it's a McMillan Sako Varmint style stock.

It appears that two bases intended for the front of a Remington 700 action would do the job. Anyone got an RPA so equipped?

Archived