Police Sport UK 2009

6mmBR

Well I've just returned from a few enjoyable days shooting in Bisley in the Police Sport UK National Championships.

I entered as an individual, but also as a team member shooting for a club I'm a member of the Dorset Riflemen.

The competition I had entered was the open F-class short/long range competition as an individual and team.

We shot the first round on the Tuesday which was 2+10 to count at 300/500/600.

The weather was dry and sunny but a peristent and tricky wind blew across Century which strengthened as the day went on.

I shot the afternoon session and the wind was certainly no mans friend.

I managed to keep them all in the 5 ring and V bull (scored 6 in this comp) at 300 and 500.

The 600 yard stage went well until my final shot I totally f***ed a wind call which sent my round into the 4 ring.

That shot cost me dear as I found out later. I was on a 3 way equal tie on 166ex 180 for 2nd place but was pushed back to 4th on count back.

As a team the Dorset Riflemen did well I shot with our club chairman Steve and John the secretary.

Our joint score comfortably won us the Short Range Team Title.

004-4.jpg

At the end of shooting we then went to the Army Club for a fantastic curry buffet and a few beers, to share the crack of the day.

The second stage of the comp was the long range section shot over 2+ 10 at 900/1000 yards on Stickledown on the Wednesday morning.

It was a bright sunny morning the wind had swung round to the east a direction I'd not encounterd on Stickldown before, with it running right to left and swinging in towards us, which did give occasional elevation issues.

All I can say that small V bull is a ###### to get a bullet into sometimes, my plot looked like a tax disc with perforations all around the dam thing.

I managed to stay in the 5 ring this time but only managed 4 V bulls over the 2 distances and I finnised on a score of 104 ex 120.

This gave me 5th place, John finnished on 106 which gave him 2nd only 1 point off the top score of 107.

We comfortably won the Team event again, so I wonder will the Dorset Riflemen get an invite next year.

I thought my overall score of 270 ex 300 would not stand me in much chance in the overall 2 day aggregate to take the comp.

Well I had a total suprise the scores went up and I'd taken first place.

001-7.jpg

The guys who beat me today can't of shot to well the day before so gave me the win.

I really enjoyed the comp which was well run and as usual it was in good company.

My team mates Steve and John shot well giving a fantastic couple of wins for the Dorset Riflemen.

I spoke to Steve on the way back home and he was then lying 2nd in the Mc Queens so there may be more trophies to come.

002-3.jpg

A great comp and a superb couple of days.

Cheers

Dave

Well done Dave

A pity I wsn't "allowed" to attend, it would have been good to meet up and share the curry buffet!!

You coming up to Diggle weekend after next for the F Class UK two day comp?

Hi Andy, unfortunately I'm overdrawn at the "Browny point" bank.

Also I seem to be spending my weekends driving, so could do with a chillout.

So I won't be there, I'm still undecided on the Europeans?

Thanks for the good wishes.

Dave

Congratulations Dave, it's that hacking, cheating, conniving, magic up to no good front rest I tell ya.

Just bought one myself:)

:o:lol::lol::lol:

I think you may be right.

Opening day went well if you've got a rest aswell :o:blink:

Joking apart you will find it superb.

Catch up soon.

Cheers

Dave

Well done Dave!!! :blink::o

Really pleased for you and great to hear you had a great time!!!

All the best...............

RAY..........................

Archived