help ,scope mounted light

hello all.

at the momen i have a Deben Tracer Max pro ,the light and dimmer are great its just the clip on scope mount is rubbish and the light moves aroung the scope and comes off at the wrong moment. also the beam center needs almost constant re-centering with the x-hairs on scope

what are you using out there or what would you recomend , the max range i would shoot on white light is 350m i would prefere a smaller type light as gg out on own.

regards..........neil

i agree with the above, but with regards to the deben light i use one for the rimmie and use the cluson mount for the scope and the other cluson bits

http://www.cluson.co.uk/productsMain.aspx?CI_ID=228 i just screwed this onto the deben

http://www.cluson.co.uk/AccessList.aspx?CT...=3&CT_ID=20

you also need the ball joint pivot assembly but i cant seem to find a picture of it. You could make your deben attach to your scope much better for about £25 ish.

Here's a snap Neil of my P.O.S. Russian rimfire used for vermin control round the house- cost me $30 for the rifle but very accurate and its killed 100s of magpies, possums and rabbits over the years, definitely well over 100 magpies for a start. Rough as gutz so you don't have to worry about it. It's a Lightforce Predator light which from memory is only 140mm but fine for stuff up to 100yds. Not the output of the 170mm brother but good for rifle mounting

cheers

Chris-NZ

The 170 is a good choice for a scope mount but I am told the Cluson is as good and smaller to boot.

A

Geoff you've been told wrong, I have a 140, a 170, and a cluson and the 170 gets it by a large margin, never seen a 240 on a rifle but I'm sure some musclebound lunatic has tried it.

Pete.

I use to use a 140 on my scope, i then baught a 170, and then fitted a 170 remote lamp though the roof of the pick up, so most of my lampin is done with the roof lamp, but the little 140 sits ready on the rifle with a red filter on for the final approach, is the way i like it, as when im with the rifle i like to be in control of the lamp when im about to take the shot!

i have the cluson clip on scope job and its bloody ace

i also bought the cluson "sucker cup roof mount" so i can use the same light on the roof o the motor without drilling etc and its simple and very effective

always had cluson and love em

sauer

Geoff you've been told wrong, I have a 140, a 170, and a cluson and the 170 gets it by a large margin, never seen a 240 on a rifle but I'm sure some musclebound lunatic has tried it.

Pete.

A 170 is a bit of a handfull on a scope, easy to knock out of line but mine tends to be a bit flexable left to right. A 240 would be to much and you would need a couple of battery bearers ;) !!. Real good lamp for a truck mind you.

Shrek you have my respect, a red lensed 140 means you can get them in real close, far closer than I can anyway. Dont think I have a shot below 100 yards this year yet. Well done.

A

Cluson are an outstanding company to deal with. I think they still operate out of an industrial unit near Petersfield. If you ring up you can speak to the guys building the lamps and they are very helpful with parts and modifications etc. I like to use this type of company. JC

never seen a 240 on a rifle but I'm sure some musclebound lunatic has tried it.

Pete.

I don't think the 240 can be attached to a rifle, unless someones made up a DIY bracket.

I'd got for the Striker 170. It's just the best lamp for the job, get a dimmer on it, stick in a 100W bulb. That way you can turn the power way down for scanning and walking and when you need to shoot a mouse on the moon you've got the light available.

I don't think the 240 can be attached to a rifle, unless someones made up a DIY bracket.

I'd got for the Striker 170. It's just the best lamp for the job, get a dimmer on it, stick in a 100W bulb. That way you can turn the power way down for scanning and walking and when you need to shoot a mouse on the moon you've got the light available.

That about sums it up John, you can't shoot'em if you can't see'em. The 240 would be good for warming your hands on though, even if you could mount one I think it would make it a bit of a sail on a windy night, I won't be trying this myself anytime soon.

Pete.

The 240 would be good for warming your hands on though, even if you could mount one I think it would make it a bit of a sail on a windy night, I won't be trying this myself anytime soon.

Pete.

:lol: Damn right Pete! This time of year it's easy to forget how cold a hand can get stuck out a window, they even stay warm for a while after being turned off, great reflector in them.

Archived