Rifle Stock Import

Any help appreciated,

What are the new rules and regulations regarding personal exporting of sporting rifle stocks from the USA to UK? I'm hoping a friend in the USA can post a stock to me.

ATB

Simon

Easiest thing to do is to get on the phone and ask the supplier. They do vary, I brought one in from D&B last year no problems at all but as you say things have changed.

A

This is the question I asked McMillan's about one month ago.

Can you please tell me if McMillan are still able to supply stocks direct to individuals living in the UK ? or has your country gone as mad as mine!

McMillan's reply

Ian,

Sure, we have a lot of customers in the UK. We ship to them directly by Air Parcel Post and the shipping charge is usually about $75 or so depending on insured value and weight.

You can order a stock by e-mail directly from our international order desk at eileen@mcmillanusa.com Please let us know if we may be of any service.

So far we are managing to keep a certain level of common sense and sanity in our national firearms laws ( through a lot of constant diligence and constant work), but with our current national administration who knows they will try to do in the next 3.5 years. But, as they say, this too shall pass.

Regards, McMillans

As Ian has posted;

Mcmillan will ship to you direct, although there is a very good source in the UK (Jackson Rifles) if you need one "now"

Manners - the last one I bought was shipped to an associate of Tom (the owner) who then shipped it to me. (Guess Manners are twitchy about the new regs)

Mcree - they will send direct - ive asked them in a recent e-mail

Shehane - D&B Supplies - will ship direct, ive bought a few F Class Trackers off them. (wooden blank)

Greg West - (West Custom rifles) will ship direct. (wooden blank)

Pretty certain that other laminate manufacturers are the same.

With the better exch rate, its looking more attractive to buy from the US again - although expect to be hit with C&E Duty...

If you are lucky enough to find something on the internet specials section of the McMillan site just phone and order by credit card - my last one cost $60 to ship and was with me in 4 days without attracting any customs attention.

Well worth a look now the exchange rate is reasonable again.

Tony

Archived