reloading for a semi auto Rem r-15 .223

dwight

Is the procedure for handloading for semi autos(remington r-15 vtr .223) the same as for a bolt action?

Thanks

Dwighet

No its not mate there certain percularities that need to be payed attention to all of which are outlined in an excellent section on loading the 223 for semi-auto's in the No 5 Sierra reloading manual.

Ian.

No its not mate there certain percularities that need to be payed attention to all of which are outlined in an excellent section on loading the 223 for semi-auto's in the No 5 Sierra reloading manual.

Ian.

Thanks for that....I will dig up a copy and take a look..

Dwight, here in the UK we are not allowed semi auto centrefires. I would imagine there are very few who visit this site that have handloaded for .223 semi auto. Wish we could, but big brother says no. :(

Pete.

How does that 15 cal bullet put Coyotes down?. Here the smallest we use normally is .17 in 17Rem and 17 Fireball (Mach 4), users do like them but tend use something bigger in a wind. I assume placement is a shade more critical or do you just shove it through the chest cavity and down they go?.

A

How does that 15 cal bullet put Coyotes down?. Here the smallest we use normally is .17 in 17Rem and 17 Fireball (Mach 4), users do like them but tend use something bigger in a wind. I assume placement is a shade more critical or do you just shove it through the chest cavity and down they go?.

A

They come in 204 and 223........R-15 is the name...like Ar-15

They come in 204 and 223........R-15 is the name...like Ar-15

Ah I see, now !!.

204/223 they work well. I figured you were a Saubier guy, I had heard of 14 caliber but not 15 hence my question.

Sorry

A

Ah I see, now !!.

204/223 they work well. I figured you were a Saubier guy, I had heard of 14 caliber but not 15 hence my question.

Sorry

A

no worries mate...there is allso the rem r-25 which is chambered in 243,7mm08 and 308....

Love to get my hands on a 7mm08....

Archived