your favorite rifle & why?

Hi guys

thought id see whats close to peoples hearts rifle wise & why as i have a particuler rifle that i realy couldnt see myself likeing a couple of years ago!

ive had a fair few rifles over the last year always hoping for that bigger better deal/great idea at the time!

if i remember the rifles ive had in something like this order runs like this!

22.lr cz style

17hmr varmint

223 styer

22lr ruger 1022

22-250

22 hornet

17hmr cz american

204. ruger howa

full custom 243Ai with all the bells & whistles ect

308 Parker hale M84

all im left with are the

22lr style(would swap out for a sako finfire & almost did)

17hmr american(swaped the varmint one for the hornet in a pointless exersize)

243ai

& the parker hale M84

Now the parker is obvioisly wood & blue & id moved away from that in CF's a couple of years ago & wanted everything SS & plastic!

But now its my out & fave rifle by far!

1 its stupidly acurate & after 400yds its more acurate then the full custom 243AI!(up untill then they are prety much the same)

2 it jsut seems quality the design of the stock is the muts nuts & feels just like the mcmillan A5 on the 243ai !

3 if i go out i just want to be carrying it & not the other rifles it just feels like the hand of god with nothing out of reach!

anyways whts ur fave & why:p

have stuck this on another fourum but i thought id see wht u guys liked best too:-P

Andy

sako 75, .243 ai mcmillan stock border barrel jet-z moddy thats mine well untill xmas then who knows

A Brno #2 , 22LR from the 1950's. I have killed game with it far out of its cartridge class and it has been my back-country side kick for 29 years.

In second place: A battered Ruger Blackhawk 4 5/8" .357 magnum for the same reasons! ~Andrew

#1 - My Rem 700 in 25-06, just a truly dependable rifle that I know will be bob on every time I use it.

#2 - The first ground up build I made myself, a BAT repeater in 6.5x47 Lapua, one of the most accurate rifles ive ever shot.

#3 - Surgeon XL in 338 LM, another own creation, that brings a huge grin every time I squeeze the trigger :lol:

An old Tikka M55 in .243 calibre, which I purchased a few years ago from an elderly aquaintance who was giving up stalking. The rifle seems to have a quality that is missing from modern day mass produced rifles, is stupidly accurate and has accounted for numerous foxes and deer over the years. I have other more modern rifles but the Tikka is the one I reach for time after time.

I had the 243ai built to end my quest for the perfect rifle for me & to be far its a helva rifle but its no longer my day to day vermin getter & only comes out for foxing!

Andy

Thats a interesting question Andy!!! :blink:

I think as long as your rifle or rifles are accurate its hard to choose!!!

But as you are asking i really love the PPC :blink: , i am fortunate to of had great experiences with her!!!

Was not much recoil before but now with a moderator and Krieger tube on you can see your connections!!! , just like the other day when i shot a 400yd Fox - just watched it roll over to rest in peace!!!

But hey - i am really loving that 7.62 Parker Hale too!!! :D , then there was the 243 Ackley and 6.5-284 - bloody choices!!!! :D:blush::blink:

All the best..............

RAY...........................................

Well with out a doubt its my ruger 10/22 stainless with houge stock and recoil buffer. Think it had a trigger job when I got it from york guns, cos every one who has a plink can't believe it. It was bought for me in 1996 and has had the action cleaned twice. Never touched the barrel. 80 yard wabbits hate me. So does every one who I shoot with when they use a bolt action hehe......

Archived