My RPA and Its new tube

Well Friday saw me travelling up the motorway to pick up my RPA 6.5x284 .

I had put in the very capable hands of Dasherman (Niel Mckillop) who is based in the Basinstoke area, to have a new barrel put on it.

Niel has done alot of work for Dave and myself and has retubed about 5rifles between us, so I had no hesitation if leaving it with him to do .

Barrel of choice is a Pacnor Super match in a 1-8 twist and finished to a length of 30".

I had decided on a very heavy profile as I wanted to cut recoil right down , as you can see I asked for the end of barrel to be machined to accomodate an overbarrel moderator,

The tube diameter at the breech is just over 11/4" so its a lump of a thing.

I did a little load development after shooting the barrel in and was very very pleased at what I could see.

Niel had also built a 6MMBR for me which shot hole on hole and I must thank him for another cracking job.

20062009503.jpg

20062009504.jpg

cheers Andy :wub:

Early signs are she's going to be a cracker.

When we got back from Neil's we went straight out to do some barrel break in and a we bit of load developement.

The results were excellent as always.

Hopefully now with Andy kitted out for the long stuff it will be look out.

Cheers all

Dave

Unless you have managed to get your hands on an RPA long action, because there are 1 or 2 pre-production floating around, I assume it is a single shot, or is it - as the TH Robertson is normally inletted for a repeater action.

Enjoy!!

Regards

MB

Unless you have managed to get your hands on an RPA long action, because there are 1 or 2 pre-production floating around, I assume it is a single shot, or is it - as the TH Robertson is normally inletted for a repeater action.

Enjoy!!

Regards

MB

Its a single shot there Maltbuck , its heavy enough without anymore bullets in it :wub::lol:

Recognising the rifle, I think I know its provenance, it shot very well before it needed a new tube and should perform just as well now it has a new shiny tube.

Recognising the rifle, I think I know its provenance, it shot very well before it needed a new tube and should perform just as well now it has a new shiny tube.

Oh yea !!! thats my bitch all right!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: or used to be anyway!!!! ;)

Shes looking sweet Captin and i shall look forward to meeting up again soon and see how she performs!!!!! :D;)

All the best..............

RAY............................................

• 4 weeks later...

Archived