Neck Turning

cloverleaf

Hi, border barrels are biulding me a 300 win mag based around a borden action, will be using lapua brass which i will then fire form. Following that i would like to neck turn the cases. Never done this before and any comments on turning tools to use? any experiance with borden actions?

Hi, border barrels are biulding me a 300 win mag based around a borden action, will be using lapua brass which i will then fire form. Following that i would like to neck turn the cases. Never done this before and any comments on turning tools to use? any experiance with borden actions?

There are some threads on the subject on the forum on the reloading section, for neck turning supplies there are none better than these http://www.precisionreloading.com/KMProducts.htm

hope this helps

sweet mate, did you get all the kit as you need pretty well all of it to make it work properly

i use the sinclair as in the pic and works fine ..but i will say this dont bother with the hand turn clamp .get the drill attachment as seen in the pic so easy to use and does a better job ..

DSCN1548.JPG

rob is right , the drill attachment is the way to go and you get one with k&m as well just undo the allen key on the handle and bobs your uncle

i use the sinclair as in the pic and works fine ..but i will say this dont bother with the hand turn clamp .get the drill attachment as seen in the pic so easy to use and does a better job ..

Agreed, that black knob on the hand clamp gets a tad hard on your fingers after a couple of hundred. Needs to be tightened a fair bit to stop slipping, at least with .308 cases.

Chris-NZ

Guest Coltauto

Curious as to why the neck turning decision prior to the results of a fired round to measure neck thickness or runout? Why the selection of Lapua brass and by fireform do you mean first fired brass? Not trying to be a butthead. I just see a different approach than my own so I am looking for the foundation knowledge.

you only need to neck turn a case once and ideally that should be before you fire it for the first time

Ugh! What day is it? What country am I in? What frickin' planet am I on?!?!!?!? :rolleyes:

planet zanussi

Archived