Sako 6.5x47

Sako 75 III

Archer 6.5x47 fluted barrel

24" , 8.5 twist

mcmillan stock

screw cut with end cap

Built by Dave(Baldie) at South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies

Just test firing at the moment, but things look promising :)

sakomine.jpg

Guest varmartin

Sako..border ...Mcmillan...Baldie..........a combination like that ...its gonna shoot .

Looks very nice too. !

Whats the scope ....looks like a Hakko ?

Sako..border ...Mcmillan...Baldie..........a combination like that ...its gonna shoot .

Looks very nice too. !

Whats the scope ....looks like a Hakko ?

thats right sir, Hakko scope 4-16x56, nice scope.

Thanks for your input.

Lambs

Sure looks nice,,,,

Did have a chance to have a couple of shots with this rifle the other day!!!

We did the load and clean for the first few rounds the other day, And even during this the rifle was starting to put bullet on bullet,,,,,

Dave sure does put a nice rifle together,,,,,

Andy is over the moon with his new toy!!!

Load fire and enjoy,,,,, What a lovely callibre the 6.5x47 is!!!!!

All the best,, Darrel

I really enjoyed building this gun. I dont build many real "sporters", our bread and butter being the long range tactical/competition type weapon.

The job started badly, with the barrel taking a full day, on and off, to remove. The Joker who had previously removed the barrel, to thread it, had destroyed over half the threads on the barrel, and decided to "glue" the barrel back in, with what looked like loctite hysol. The action had to be rethreaded to clean it up. not a good start.

Everything else went as planned, and the gun ended up feeling and handling, just like a std Sako....but a lot nicer. I,ve just finished a similar tikka 595 for snap shot on here, and that was also another enjoyable job. Something about the sako/tikka,s...nice to work on.

Are you bringing it up to the fly Lambsey ?

i like the silver bases and black rings , didnt notice it at first but it looks nice

I really enjoyed building this gun. I dont build many real "sporters", our bread and butter being the long range tactical/competition type weapon.

The job started badly, with the barrel taking a full day, on and off, to remove. The Joker who had previously removed the barrel, to thread it, had destroyed over half the threads on the barrel, and decided to "glue" the barrel back in, with what looked like loctite hysol. The action had to be rethreaded to clean it up. not a good start.

Everything else went as planned, and the gun ended up feeling and handling, just like a std Sako....but a lot nicer. I,ve just finished a similar tikka 595 for snap shot on here, and that was also another enjoyable job. Something about the sako/tikka,s...nice to work on.

Are you bringing it up to the fly Lambsey ?

I think it would be rude not too!!

have fun mate

Archived