where all the cci primmers gone

bigun

i use three shops to buy my reloading struff and all three are out of cci br4 and br2 primers ? one has just had a long awaited delivery but no cci primmers and no 32gn or 39gn blitzking bullets for my .204 ,iv been awaiting delivery of 39gn blitzking bullets at one shop for neally a year now ..so any body know were i can get some of the above from as im very low on stock .i know theres a war going on but i dont think they are useing blitzkings :blink: but i think they should :wacko: do the army use cci primmers ??

Ive been after cci LR primers for a while but my RFD picked up 5k from hannams a few weeks back but I'm still struggling to find cci LRM, last lot i could find was a part box on the shelf of the countryman at derby, also I'm looking for some 6.5mm 140grn sierra gamekings which seam to be like gold to get around these parts.

Sean.

This 'War' excuse for sporting ammo is marketing hype by the ammo companies IMHO;

To put a little perspective on things; I believe RUAG (ie one single European manufacturer amongst many many many manufacturers) produces of the order of 100,000 rounds PER DAY EVERY DAY.

At that level, that one company could produce ALL the ammo expended by Brit Forces in Afghanistan in 2008 in 40 days.

Thus 'War' demands are well within US / European production capabilities without breaking any sweat at all.

It's just hype -and an excuse to raise prices.

...Much like the oft quoted 'rise in metal prices'.

Say a bullet (projectile) costs £1 to manufacture.

How much of that is the cost of the raw material?

Let's say 10p or 10%.

Even if the price of metal doubles, the new price is (or should be) £1.10 even if it quadrupled it should only be £1.30

....not £2

Food for thought....

Good points Brown dog you pretty much backed up my own gut feelings.

It would have to be some war effort to out strip the manufacturing capacity so easily and over such a sustained period ?

Sales hype, metal prices, exchange rates all adds up to prices are getting silly but excusable :rolleyes: ...............not.

I went to Norman Clarks this morning, no 39gr Blitzkings untill at least Oct/Nov, they are not scheduled for production untill September. Finished up with 40gr VMax instead.

Primer wise he says they are now drying up rapidly, I had 1000 x Fed 205M so that should last me a good while so you would all be best advised to consider getting some in.

A

mike norris has 4,000 cci br2 primers in so be quick phone 07971169829

Archived