posting pictures

eldon

I know this has been asked before but using the search function I got no direct answer but 205 possible options, I guess its quicker asking?

Can somebody give me the definitive method of posting pictures on here and yes I am a technophobe, or point me in the direction of a previous post.

Thanks

I host my photos at Photobucket.com. All that means is I upload them from my Laptop and they're stored on that site, which gives me links I can copy and paste to sites like UKV.

If you make an account there make sure to make it a private one, there should be an option to do that during registration.

On the Albums & Upload page on Photobucket I use the "Use our faster bulk uploader" option to select photos from my Laptop.

When you click that option you're brought to a new page which allows you to navigate the files and folders on your Laptop. Simply click on the relevent folder and select whichever photo or photos you wish to upload.

When the photo you want to use has uploaded you'll see it's got four different links, I copy (left click in the IMG Code box to select the link, then right click on it and choose copy from the menu) the IMG Code and paste (right click where you wish to place the photo and select paste) it into my replies on here.

I'm not the best at explaining things but I hope that will help you. Like a lot of things it's quite simple to do once you get the hang of it. There is a more direct way of going about it straight from your laptop to the site but I prefer the method I use :)

I know this has been asked before but using the search function I got no direct answer but 205 possible options, I guess its quicker asking?

Can somebody give me the definitive method of posting pictures on here and yes I am a technophobe, or point me in the direction of a previous post.

Thanks

open an account here http://register.photobucket.com/ its free by the way then once you have an acoount use the upload facility to up load a your piccy, it can be any where on your pc this upload optin will let you navigate to it

once you have uploaded it and saved it to your album you need to copy the image code below the desired picture in phtobucket and then go to the forum then paste that link in the thread where you want it

hope this helps

Doesn't your described method post a link to the picture rather then an actual picture on the thread?

I host the pictures i want to post at Hunt101 and then right click and copy the direct link URL, one of four that appear under the photo.

Back to the post, i click on the insert image icon, this opens an address box in the top left hand corner of the screen.

In this box http:// is highlighted in blue, delete this and then paste your URL, and click Okay.

This will put the image address on your draft post but it will appear as a picture in your submitted post.

I always preview the post to make sure that it worked.

Ian.

Thanks for clearing that up John, its just that i see a lot of links to pics rather then pics and they all seem to have a photobucket album URL., especially on the BBS.

I wonder if thats the way the posters prefer to do it or dont they know how to post piccies.

Previously i have clicked on one of these links and not only have i been able to view the chosen picture but all the other pictures in the owners album.

Ian.

... i see a lot of links to pics rather then pics and they all seem to have a photobucket album URL., especially on the BBS.

I wonder if thats the way the posters prefer to do it ...

Ian.

I sometimes do this Ian because you don't have to think about the (very limited) storage available on the forum site.

Chris

Thanks for clearing that up John, its just that i see a lot of links to pics rather then pics and they all seem to have a photobucket album URL., especially on the BBS.

I wonder if thats the way the posters prefer to do it or dont they know how to post piccies.

Previously i have clicked on one of these links and not only have i been able to view the chosen picture but all the other pictures in the owners album.

Ian.

Ian, I haven't quite gotten the hang of posting pictures on the BBS yet. I did use IMG Code on it and as you said it came up as a text link and not like the photo above. So in my case, unless I can't, I don't know how :wacko:

It's only recently I posted any photo there, as they don't allow photos of or links to dead stuff.

Ian, I haven't quite gotten the hang of posting pictures on the BBS yet. I did use IMG Code on it and as you said it came up as a text link and not like the photo above. So in my case, unless I can't, I don't know how :rolleyes:

It's only recently I posted any photo there, as they don't allow photos of or links to dead stuff.

I use the html box to post pictures on bbs and the img box on this site iirc. Hope this helps.

Pete (a complete techno dumpling).

Well I can see it?

The only thing to add to the above information was initially I didn't have "Java 2 se" or something installed but once I sorted that it would appear to work ok.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the pointers John, like you said once you've done it, it is easy.

That picture is the same animal as in the 80 grain varminter bullet thread but taken from its better side. ;)

Thanks for the pointers John, like you said once you've done it, it is easy.

That picture is the same animal as in the 80 grain varminter bullet thread but taken from its better side. ;)

Very good, now some pictures of the rifles..

that cub looks a bit all over the place ;)

edi

Archived