6.5 Creedmoor Load Data

41 minutes ago, Calum Desert Tech said:

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for suggestions for a 6.5 creedmoor load and was wondering what everyone is using and having success with.

Thanks Calum

Hi Calum

Lapua small primer brass, CCI BR4 primers, Berger 144 Hybrid.   RS62 43.0 gr.  I load long (my ogive measure is only meaningful to my rifle), longer than would fit in a magazine.  Custom chambered 5R 30" Bartlein barrel.

Cheers

More depends on availability than preference!

I'm running Lapua 139 Scenars over RS62 in Lapua SRP brass with S&B magnum caps. That can give me an MV of 2750 with ES of <10 if I do my part, with a sub 0.7MOA ten-shot group out of my stock RPR.

I got bulk orders of RS62, primers and Scenars couple of years ago and that will last me through 2024. 

After that I'll move to a Vit powder, probably N160 or N555, simply because of availability where I am. I don't want to have to keep redeveloping loads because of component shortage, so I'll buy enough for 1000 rounds in one go.

Triffid

I use Lapua brass, Lapua 139 Scenars, Vit N160, with the load different dependent upon which rifle.

AI AT: 43.6 gr of Vit 160 with Federal large primers

Ruger Precision Rifle: 41.5 gr of N160 with CCI 400 primers (small primers)

Final load will all depend on your rifle, have a look here:

https://www.vihtavuori.com/

These days component availability is the decider. I had a wonderful load using Lapua SR brass, Norma 204 powder, CCI 450 primers and 147 eld Hornady’s.

Lack of local choices for primers and powder has driven me to RS70, the same bullets but federal match primers. Seems perhaps a tad better in terms of grouping and although the primers are a little flattened, no other signs of pressure issues.

Like pops, loaded to suit chamber/barrel so magazine feeding is not an option.