7mm KMR reamer and dies

7mm KMR reamer with two cuts, basically it’s a .284 ackly improved, 316 neck which means minimal neck turning. Set of Newlon custom dies, FL, Neck bushing and micrometer seating die, 200 fire formed cases, 4 times fired with at least another 4 firings of life. 1 Hornady modified case.

This cartridge is more than capable of pushing 180 grain projectiles up to 3000 fps, but mid 2900’s is more common.

£450

20 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Is there an advantage of the KMR over Shehane Ian ?

Yes Andy, primarily the use of N165 to get Shehane speeds at 2930 fps, something I could never do with the Shehane. The extra case capacity also allows for a higher velocity than a Shehane if you’re chasing speed.

The gain over the Shehane is the same as the gain a Shehane has over a .284 W

Thanks for explanation  Ian - is it just finish reamer and no resize ?(who made it please) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m a firm ambassador of the 284 KMR. If you’re restricted to a 308 bolt face and wanting to shoot f open then the KMR is the way forward! 

9 minutes ago, 0284 said:

I’m a firm ambassador of the 284 KMR. If you’re restricted to a 308 bolt face and wanting to shoot f open then the KMR is the way forward! 

Yes I know,but here out of US is very difficult to get reamers or custom dies.

On 3/28/2024 at 10:43 PM, djgas said:

Yes I know,but here out of US is very difficult to get reamers or custom dies.

Not really, there are at least 2 manufacturers of reamers in the UK; BBT and Arc. Arc will also make custom dies. I ordered my sizing die from Hornady, took a while but worth the wait