6MM BR advice

stephentri

Hi looking for some advice for loading for 6mmbr norma I'm looking to shoot 108g Eldm, 

What length should I get rifle throated for i was thinking 2.400 oal touching lands

Reamer will be .272 neck 

What powder I have N150 and N140 

Primers CCI BR4 

Lapua brass 

Thanks and information appreciated 

Had a 6mmbr made by dolphin last year , absolute cracker . I tried 107g Sierra , shot well . F1 shooter said try 105g Berger with rs 60 powder . Absolute cracker .

oal 2.440 , 33g rs60 , Berger 105g . 
i shoot mine at 600yds bisley IMG_0975.thumb.jpeg.0e84c5b117913fa674fdbb335ac77e4c.jpegIMG_0976.thumb.jpeg.6611cddc827d8f6a35579b5682a90fed.jpeg

15 hours ago, stephentri said:

Thanks, would you have the length to ogive ,

Unless you have the exact same comparator the dimension is meaningless.  Unless there is another way of measuring cartridge base to ogive I am not aware of.

As Garyw says, best way is to give a couple of dummy rounds to the gunsmith and hope he is able to measure and replicate that dimension.   Keep another dummy round to check yourself if he screws up.

Hi looking for some advice for loading for 6mmbr norma I'm looking to shoot 108g Eldm, 

What length should I get rifle throated for i was thinking 2.400 oal touching lands, anyone have real life experience shooting these bullets in 6mmbr,

Reamer will be .272 neck no turn neck 

What powder, I have N150 and N140 anyone recommend one over the other?

Primers CCI BR4 ?

Lapua brass 

Thanks any information appreciated