New Reloading manual

JC275

I have finally decided that I need a new reloading manual. I use mainly Hornaday bullets and try to stick to R22 and H414 for powders. Any advice as to which would be the best manual and where to get it from. I would normally go straight to Aftab unless anyone has other thoughts. JC

If you just want load data have you thought of Quick Load from JMS Arms.

A fantastic program which shows the variation of powder charge, barrel length and seating depth on bullet performance.

It will do a whole lot more than a reloading manual.

Cheers

Dave

Get one that is made by the powder manufacturers and forget the ones made by the bullet makers. Hodgdon makes a good one, or better yet, get the Lee "Modern Reloading" which was compiled in conjunction with Hodgdon. Great stuff in there.JMHO~Andrew

Wrong powder manufacturer for you; but you might find the info you want is online and free:

http://www.lapua.com/fileadmin/user_upload...loguide2009.pdf

Thanks for that Brown Dog, that has proved useful already as I have a tub of Vit N140 sitting here gathering dust and it looks like I can use it up in my .275 and save my precious stock of R22. JC

JC,

For each of my rifles, I bought the Loadbooks publication " The Complete Reloading Manual For The '-----------------' ". There is one book for each cartridge. I don't know if Aftab keeps them but Norman Clark certainly does.

These manuals contain relevant extracts from Powder and Bullet manufacturers Manuals and are pretty comprehensive if all you want is load data. They are not expensive.

Peter

Archived