group purchase

1967spud

I am going to put in an order for a few bits from these people, http://www.dnrsports.com/ i have a couple of forum members who want bits to help with postage i will order all together. There are how ever a couple of rules, if you say you want it you will be having it, no excuses and also you must have a paypal account,or i can do chqs thirdly any members with less than 50 posts at time of me ordering will have to pay me for the items up front. I aint worried about being paid for postage untill i receive the order back then i can work it out farly for every one. Lastly when you order with me i want the cataloge item and a description.

Either pm me or email me your order but at the same time i want you to put a duplicate in this post as well just in case i lose the emails/ pm's.

Piss easy.

I am going to put in an order for a few bits from these people, http://www.dnrsports.com/ i have a couple of forum members who want bits to help with postage i will order all together. There are how ever a couple of rules, if you say you want it you will be having it, no excuses and also you must have a paypal account,or i can do chqs thirdly any members with less than 50 posts at time of me ordering will have to pay me for the items up front. I aint worried about being paid for postage untill i receive the order back then i can work it out farly for every one. Lastly when you order with me i want the cataloge item and a description.

Either pm me or email me your order but at the same time i want you to put a duplicate in this post as well just in case i lose the emails/ pm's.

Piss easy.

I also meant to say that i will let this run for a week then put the order in.

.223 Comp Set for me, PM on way.

I think is was Berger that mentioned "machine samples" but you will need to balance the saving in postage vs. the likelyhood of closer inspection if the order gets to a significant size.

cheers

Tony

If you look down the right hand side of this forum, you will see a list of British gunshops who pay to advertise here.

D an r sports have long bled the british gun trade dry, by working from a warehouse with virtually no overheads. many people have found out to their cost, that guarantees that come with leupolds etc, are not worth diddly squat here, and have to be returned to america.

Does d and r sports sell bullets , powder, and primers, or thread barrels, etc at 24 hours notice like the advertisers here do ? no they dont.

quite right baldie i will cancel this idea then

sorry guys but i dont want to upset the admin on this

Mark,

why cancel the idea, you shouldn't upset anyone which ever way you go. i thought that was the idea of a forum, helping like minded people help each other out.

if Steve Kershaw or Trent firearms can supply a redding deluxe die set for £58 then get a group order from them.

i would hazard a guess they would not sell at that.

i think baldie might be missing the point, or maybe he has a bad experience over a leupold?

I was only doing it as a favour and i really dont want to upset admin on this because i like it here, i dont want to get kicked

the world is a small place now and I'm afraid, and if you can get stuff for half the price abroad then im afraid that is what is going to happen.

the price of shooting components is going throw the roof and is getting beyond a joke.

i would not think twice about buying from abroad, it is her to stay I'm afraid. and so are D&R with prices that good.

i have all so sent a scope direct to the USA, its just as easy as sending it to gmk just less hands to go through

ATB

Colin

If you look down the right hand side of this forum, you will see a list of British gunshops who pay to advertise here.

D an r sports have long bled the british gun trade dry, by working from a warehouse with virtually no overheads. many people have found out to their cost, that guarantees that come with leupolds etc, are not worth diddly squat here, and have to be returned to america.

Does d and r sports sell bullets , powder, and primers, or thread barrels, etc at 24 hours notice like the advertisers here do ? no they dont.

but its OK for YOU to buy in from the States and then sell for stupid money to Joe Public :D

Spud,put your order in mate and forget the rest,your money is better off in your pocket mate

Dave isn`t missing the point at all :wub:

The simple fact is that the UK shops can`t compete with those prices if they run their business above board and import legitimately :D

Its been mentioned that DNR ship with bogus descriptions to avoid duty so we don`t start off on a level playing field from the off do we

Theres no doubt we all like a bargain and none of us like paying tax so if you want to go that way fair enough.Just don`t start moaning when you find that your local shops closed down because they can`t make a living on selling powders & primers that you can`t send off for :wub:

any chance of locking this thread

sorry for all the hassle caused

any chance of locking this thread

sorry for all the hassle caused

Soud,why is it hassle ??? the gun shops over here 95% of the time dont carry the dies anyway and we have to wait months not weeks to get them.

go to the States there here within a few day and even if you do get the duty what does it matter you have to dies instaed of waiting months

You cant have a go at Joe public for wanting to save a few pounds. After all why would you want to pay double for an item ?. Its a no brainer!!! :D

Ads

Ads

Absolutely correct but the inference seems to be that the UK shops are somehow getting the stuff for the same cost as advertised in the USA and making 100% profit when in reality its far from the truth.Could you blame a shop owner from reading this thread and deciding not to stock a full range of dies because everyone seems to be sending off to the states for them so its just not worth the hassle of having thousands tied up in stock for probably a 10% mark up ?

As for the scopes try and send a grey import Leupold back to GMK under warranty and they`ll just laugh at you :wub: And no they don`t have to accept it under any european laws :D A genuine import is nine times out of ten replaced by return

Yes I`ve imported things myself when I couldn`t source them quickly enough over here and its just luck of the draw if you get stung for the duty but folks should be aware that the grass isn`t always greener

Go for it Spud :wub:

I agree with what you say, I always try and support my local gun shops and if i cant do that i use gun shops south of the border. However somtimes i get told that it will take two months or so to get this item as its got to come in from the states. Then i go on the net and get it myself in two weeks, saving money and six weeks. Its not our shop owners fault things are so bloody expensive over here, Oh no you can blame the labour gov for that !!!

Ads

ok lets put it another way if i get a group order together are any off the uk retailers up for doing a a deal with me

Archived