Shooting on commercial property

Scf31

Hi am after some information on what is needed to shoot on a commercial property ie what does the shooter need to supply to the company in order to shoot legal on there premises.. 

Ps am not doing this to make money or anything it's just I want to do things right

Thanks 

Public Liability Insurance, I use Lycetts which comes as standard with membership of the National Gamekeepers Organisation.

Additionally a Risk Assessment. Particularly if there are security patrols or members of staff present when you attend site to shoot. 

9 minutes ago, Geezedtee said:

Public Liability Insurance, I use Lycetts which comes as standard with membership of the National Gamekeepers Organisation.

Additionally a Risk Assessment. Particularly if there are security patrols or members of staff present when you attend site to shoot. 

Thanks for your reply I should have mentioned am in Northern Ireland 

45 minutes ago, Geezedtee said:

As above plus you should exchange hazards and risk information with the commercial owners/agents.  For example they need to tell you their hazards that you may be exposed to - in writing.

I have a rabbit control contract and the client wanted me to have £10m cover. I used Lycetts as an individual and was paying over £120 per year. Then I  joined the NGO and discovered their insurer was also Lycetts and the cover was identical for a third of the price.

I've used Lycetts before  and after Brexit with no issues. So they should cover N Ireland.

9 minutes ago, Geezedtee said:

I have a rabbit control contract and the client wanted me to have £10m cover. I used Lycetts as an individual and was paying over £120 per year. Then I  joined the NGO and discovered their insurer was also Lycetts and the cover was identical for a third of the price.

I've used Lycetts before  and after Brexit with no issues. So they should cover N Ireland.

I've emailed them but I'll ring on Monday.. I was recommended Higos  I like the sounds of Lycetts I'll definitely give them a ring.. the factory have asked me also about getting rid of the dead carcass never knew there was such a thing needed if it runs in to to much difficulty ill just tell them to find someone else.. thanks for your reply and help.. 

Tried to dump rabbits at the local tip once and got caught. Told I’ll have to take them back and get a licence to get them incinerated. 
They went in the wheely bin in a black bag . You’ll need a plan and risk assessment for the shooting and one for getting rid of whatever is shot . Mostly to do with how they are handled and PPE to be used . 

4 hours ago, Richiew said:

Tried to dump rabbits at the local tip once and got caught. Told I’ll have to take them back and get a licence to get them incinerated. 
They went in the wheely bin in a black bag . You’ll need a plan and risk assessment for the shooting and one for getting rid of whatever is shot . Mostly to do with how they are handled and PPE to be used . 

Yea well my thinking was if I take them of the owners land then there my responsibility its pigeons mainly doing the damage but it's an on going thing.. I think you have a good plan on the bin 😉 😀 

When am called out to do the shoot the premises will be closed only for my access.. 

I’m allowed to leave rabbits for the local birds of prey on two farms . The other farms need them picked up. Mostly go to a friends dog . Could breast the pigeons out for dogs or yourself if they’re woodies. Small amounts in the bin work s. Enjoy 

On 7/14/2023 at 1:37 PM, Geezedtee said:

+ a method statement. 

Regards 

JCS 

49 minutes ago, Richiew said:

I’m allowed to leave rabbits for the local birds of prey on two farms . The other farms need them picked up. Mostly go to a friends dog . Could breast the pigeons out for dogs or yourself if they’re woodies. Small amounts in the bin work s. Enjoy 

Yea I was thinking of leaving them out for a few fox's or badgers as I live in a rural area.. 

20 minutes ago, Akeld said:

I'd ask the land owner what they require for you to shoot there

I have asked there seem to be stuck on whether I need a handling licence for taking their dead carcasses away..

What insurance is people on here using for the likes of past control

• 2 weeks later...

Shooting on commercial property can be a bit of a maze, but here's the skinny:
Permissions & Permits: First things first, get written permission from the property owner or manager. They might also have some specific terms or conditions for you.
Liability Insurance: Depending on where you are, it might be a good idea to have liability insurance in case anything goes sideways during the shoot.
Risk Assessment: Conduct a risk assessment of the location. This will help you identify potential hazards and take necessary precautions.
Local Laws & Regs: Check out local regulations. There might be specific rules around shooting, especially if it involves anything more than a simple camera setup.
Since you're all about doing things right, it wouldn't hurt to check in with some pros about property matters. I've heard good things about https://www.decosta.group/. They might have some pointers or resources.

On 7/26/2023 at 11:38 AM, seanrichy said:

Shooting on commercial property can be a bit of a maze, but here's the skinny:
Permissions & Permits: First things first, get written permission from the property owner or manager. They might also have some specific terms or conditions for you.
Liability Insurance: Depending on where you are, it might be a good idea to have liability insurance in case anything goes sideways during the shoot.

Cheers mate

Just can't seam to find a company that people have used for liability insurance