what do you look for in a gun shop

Berger

Just interested in what things you like to see in guns (dont says guns :D ) what servcie and accessories do you like to see,and what service would you expect ??

Iam talking small village guns shops not York Guns,Sportsman type places

From a small shop - the ability to get hold of pretty much anything at a half reasonable price, even if they don't stock it (as we are assuming a small gun shop), and a friendly owners (but no bull or patronising please!).

knowledge, no bulls sht stories about his hunting exploits and good stock levels atr compettitive prices

Honest knowledgable opinion and not a case of these are the best cos i have some to sell :D

The old saying is the best thing to give is time, and this is very true whether the customer is buying £10k kit or just a set of mounts etc.

The old saying is the best thing to give is time, and this is very true whether the customer is buying £10k kit or just a set of mounts etc.

Agreed. and look for a good reputation for honesty and back up, but beware most of them will tell you that the gear they stock is the bees knees. Better to find out exactly what you want or need caliber and brand wise here or elsewhere on line then go to the shop to handle the goods. Try and buy locally if you can, there wont be that much in the prices and the local guy needs your business to stay afloat so that when you need a few cartridges etc you do not have far to travel.

A

I pretty much agree with all of the above but I have to say that I think a good gunshop in the UK is fast becoming a thing of the past. Now I tend to buy my rifles from an independant agent, rifle and shotgun cartridges from my local butcher (who is also an RFD!), reloading gear from Aftab and accesories from the interweb. I wish that I could use one, local shop. I have tried to buy from the Sportsman and York Guns but found them to be very strong on adverts and BS and very weak on knowledge and to big to care about individual orders. JC

I pretty much agree with all of the above but I have to say that I think a good gunshop in the UK is fast becoming a thing of the past. Now I tend to buy my rifles from an independant agent, rifle and shotgun cartridges from my local butcher (who is also an RFD!), reloading gear from Aftab and accesories from the interweb. I wish that I could use one, local shop. I have tried to buy from the Sportsman and York Guns but found them to be very strong on adverts and BS and very weak on knowledge and to big to care about individual orders. JC

is that you julian

one where when you ask for a certain item the owner/shop dude doesnt spout off you dont want pish you want this now buy it!!!

also one that doesnt take piss on prices like my local charging a tenner for box o catridges that everyone else was selling for 5.99 !!!!

also beware you telling you local gunshop owner where you shoot.....

ours then went in behind my back and tried to take the ground out form under us...luckily get on very well with farmer and he was told to git.

when i asked him politely why he did it he went nuts sayingg was nowt to do with me!!! maybe....but i believe thats bang out o order.

put a lot of business his way when he started and doesnt get a penny now and i tell everyone i know who shoots not to use cheating git

sauer

ps sorry rant over

Archived