Pard DS35-70RF

OSOK

I liked the idea of the built in balistics so decided to get one and put it on a 22lr .... So far it's working well however I have noticed that the diopter adjustment which appears to be huge doesn't seem to cover the range you would expect . This could be just on my unit or on all of them .... I don't wear glasses behind scopes but i'm having to with the Pard which is odd as my right eye is  +1.75  and well within normal diopter ranges .... Has anyone else found this with theirs  ?

OSOK

When Russ Douglas an i did our initial review of the DS35 

We found that the ocular lens had an adjustment range of about 42mm - far longer than any other scope either of us has ever seen

I wear reading glasses which are +2.5 or +3 dioptres and need to have the ocular screwed out to around 40mm to get the reticle and icons in focus (when not wearing glasses)

Russ wears +1.5 dioptre glasses and he had the ocular less extended than me to get the reticle and icons in focus, but he was able to get everything in focus

If you wear +1.75 dioptre glasses, I'm surprised you can't get the ocular into a position where the reticle and icons are in focus

Cheers

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

On a different note ... When i zero'd the pard , my 455 had a 30 moa aftermarket rail on which i thought may be too much to get a 25 yard zero . My plan was to take a 20 moa rail riser and put it on backwards to reduce the difference to just 10 moa . The pard zero'd without the riser and it's bought the rangefinder down to almost the level of the crosshairs . I mention this as I've heard some people saying their rangefinder was too high and almost out of screen ?

OSOK

• 1 month later...

Hi Onehole here,,,,yes I,m still around!!,,,,,,,,I also have recently bought a DS35 and found that i had to resort to using my glasses to get a clear reticule focus and agree with comments on here that the adjustment range is a little limited for us oldies. I hate wearing glasses to shoot and all of my normal scopes have sufficient range to compensate. I had a mad idea of somehow fixing a corrective lens to the Pard and with a little constructive though I went about making a delrin lens holder on my lathe  to push onto the ocular of the pard and obtained a +2.5 33mm lens from a local glasses manufacturer{Most helpful Quinzy Eye products} put the lens into the holder which I made a tight fit and simply pushed this onto and over the Pard eyepiece. A little packing tape helped make it really secure and this worked an absolute treat giving ample range for adjustment and easily removable if necessary. An added bonus was that it gave an enlarged sight picture as well. There is no POI shift either no matter how much you adjust the ocular as it is purely aiding focus onto an existing image.Here are a couple of pics to better show what I had made.......

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1727.JPG

Great idea .. I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the issue even though the scope does claim to have more than enough correction for my eye ? I found changing the reticle was a option for me which didn't eliminate the problem but made it much better .

OSOK

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 12:45 PM, onehole said:

Hi Onehole here,,,,yes I,m still around!!,,,,,,,,I also have recently bought a DS35 and found that i had to resort to using my glasses to get a clear reticule focus and agree with comments on here that the adjustment range is a little limited for us oldies. I hate wearing glasses to shoot and all of my normal scopes have sufficient range to compensate. I had a mad idea of somehow fixing a corrective lens to the Pard and with a little constructive though I went about making a delrin lens holder on my lathe  to push onto the ocular of the pard and obtained a +2.5 33mm lens from a local glasses manufacturer{Most helpful Quinzy Eye products} put the lens into the holder which I made a tight fit and simply pushed this onto and over the Pard eyepiece. A little packing tape helped make it really secure and this worked an absolute treat giving ample range for adjustment and easily removable if necessary. An added bonus was that it gave an enlarged sight picture as well. There is no POI shift either no matter how much you adjust the ocular as it is purely aiding focus onto an existing image.Here are a couple of pics to better show what I had made.......

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1727.JPG

you could be onto a nice little earner there. I just got myself one and have had to wind the lens out to almost the max and as my eyes get worse I may need one of these.😁