total disgrace

rabbit fingers

:angry: Have a look at this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8014265.stm

Total disgrace. IMO. If you feel the same take a second to sign here.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/justice4gurkhas/

That is indeed a very sorry tale. Gurkhas are known the whole world over as loyal brave soldiers. I hope there's a reversal in policy there.

Mind you, the way the Dept of UK War Veterans treats their old soldiers out here, it comes as no surprise. I often have great trouble getting replacement hearing aids for them even when they're in desperate need and their eligibility isn't remotely in question. The UK Vets get a very raw deal compared to the Kiwis and Aussies, let alone the Americans.

Chris-NZ

Guest varmartin

"They have seen combat all over the world, with 200,000 having fought in the two world wars and 45,000 believed to have lost their lives fighting for Britain."

And they cant stay here....

Come from an Eastern block country and pick daffodils for 12 months then give up work....and you and your family can stay here for free !!

Go figure !!

Guest Sprags

Ay, it seems if you are eastern european and do f.uck all for Britain you can write your own ticket.........

Tis' a shame, the Gurkhas have 'given' more for this country than the poles will ever will, unless you count washing your car.

As above, anything considered but must be synth or laminate to fit actionn III.

If anyone has a Mcmillan lying around their not using or maybe a factory sako varmint laminate?

All the best

Moses

big up the ghurkas , lets look after them as they stood shoulder to shoulder with us

This is an embarrassment to our country, I just listed to that idiot on the news saying he has to minimize the number of immigrants entering the country. The ghurkas have earned there right to be here, they have supported Great Britain for over 200 years.

Its about time we became Great Britain again.

And we should start by supporting those who have contributed to our country and deporting those who don't

Why would anyone betray our allies in such a fashion? I have signed, and will write to my MP too.

ft

I have had the wonderfull oppotunity to have known a few Gurkha soldiers in my lifetime, they are some of the smartest, proudest,pollite and bravest men I have ever met :D ,

They are true ambasadors to their Country and Race and are willing to put their lives on the line for us and we repay them like this :( ,

Dosent make you feel proud to be British ;)

As Varmartin has said if your Eastern European ,its come on in and have what you want :(

What a load of BOL***KS

I totaly agree with everything said on here about the Gurkhas. My wife and I surport them at every chance we get My farther who fought in the last war said that they where the toughest and the best he had ever had the honor of knowing.This scum thats in power now do not even mesure up to the dirt on the bottom of a Gurkhas boots When I see them on parade or at shows IT makes me proud and brings a tear or two to my eyes to know how much they have given to this country. Eric

• 4 weeks later...

what a great outcome,and for those who dont know,there are plenty of ex-gurkas out in iraq and afghan,guarding high risk tgts, even have a guess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the british embassy of all places after the that which promotes growth and vigour this gov was saying.

Mick

totally agree with u there andy,also they still serve our country we have ex gurkas guarding the brit embassy in iraq,,plus all the other building dotted about the country,u will find ex gurkas.

mick

I have had the wonderfull oppotunity to have known a few Gurkha soldiers in my lifetime, they are some of the smartest, proudest,pollite and bravest men I have ever met ;) ,

They are true ambasadors to their Country and Race and are willing to put their lives on the line for us and we repay them like this :D ,

Dosent make you feel proud to be British :D

As Varmartin has said if your Eastern European ,its come on in and have what you want ;)

What a load of BOL***KS

Just had an item on the main New Zealand TV news showing Joanna Lumley celebrating the UK Govt backdown.

Obviously some very strong feeling on the topic. Justice has clearly been done

Chris-NZ

Archived