I am looking for a sun shade or info on what will fit an ior nemesis 9-36-56 plenty to go at but don’t tell you the thread size have tried all the big names no go so if anyone has one not being used would be happy to purchase it from you 

cheers 

Try giving Opticswarehouse a call.........they'll be able to tell you the thread size and may even be able to sell you one.

Pete

3 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

Try giving Opticswarehouse a call.........they'll be able to tell you the thread size and may even be able to sell you one.

Pete

that was my first go to carnt get them apparently IOR are a pain to deal with and OPtics advised me to be carful in what I buy because of threads they didn’t know the thread size nether 

but thank anyway 

They were right about the threads.....you can get hoods in every thread size but.

For what it's worth, I have the IOR 6-24 x 50 (the fat tacticool version that uses 35mm rings).

I just measured it with a Mitutoyo and a thread gauge, and the thread size is 54 x 0.75.

Pete

I've remembered a place where I bought odd-sized threaded filters for experimental laser stuff back in the day. Apparently, they still make filters & hoods to measure.....see here:

https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/special-manufacture-1000-5366-p.asp

Might be worth a call....or, you could try emailing IOR direct here:

https://www.ior.ro/contact/

The form is in Romanian, but they all speak English. You never know, make the right noises and there could be a freebie........

Pete

I've just measured my Sightron 8-32 x 56 hood, and it's M62 x 0.75, so there's a slim chance that a Sightron hood will fit your IOR.

Pete

On 8/14/2022 at 3:11 PM, Old trooper said:

Thanks Pete for all the info have just emailed IOR like you said on the off chance if no reply I will try the sightron so thanks again 

I emailed them regarding grub screw sizes. Never heard back from them.

I didn't like the cheap flimsy lens covers that came with my Sightron 8-32 scope so took a punt on 62mm lens caps on Amazon and they screwed straight on, also fitted Nightforce 12-42 NSX so maybe it's a standard thread and fitment.   Both of those scopes are listed with 56mm objectives so may work also with the IOR.

There are 3" long x 62mm lens hoods/sunshades listed on Amazon for £20 at the moment