Reload Swiss load for .308 185 Jugs

Popsbengo

Hi

I'm thinking of trying RS powder for 185gr Bergers (if I can get any).  I use RS62 in my 6.5CM with 144gr Berger Hybrids and it works really well.

I have a 1:11 24" barrel, Lapua large primer brass, CCI BR2 primers.  I have a good load with Viht N150 but  any recommendations re RS50 and/or RS52?

Usual caveat applied re working up etc etc.

20 minutes ago, Richiew said:

BTW 46 g of n150 was a smidge too much with hard bolt lift on a hot sunny day and flattened primers .

Cheers 

I already have a good load for N150 with 185gr Jugs loaded longer than CIP;  43.0gr.  Perfect at 1000yd.

46gr is over the Viht recommended max. I have no need to explore the next node.

You mention RS62 but that's a lot slower than N150.  Did you mean RS52 ?

Sorry misread the chart . RS 50/52 looks like n140/540 equivalent. I tried to copy the Berger factory ammo. So needed 2600 ish fps with the n150/550 powder s . Had a accurate load down at 41 grain but too slow for my liking. Cheers 

19 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

I'm thinking of trying RS powder for 185gr Bergers

Shot just the 2 boxes of these back end of last year out of a bog-standard factory T3 Super Varmint 24"...guessing you're using the same tube??

42.9 of Swiss-50 proved to be the accuracy load for me....Wasn't an enjoyable experience though as I feel the T3x factory platform is too light - recoil (for me on that platform) was a bitch and I would safely say even of I was given a box of the 185's again I would most kindly pass them on to someone else, to shoot out of a heavier/stable platform

ATB

58 minutes ago, snakeman said:

Shot just the 2 boxes of these back end of last year out of a bog-standard factory T3 Super Varmint 24"...guessing you're using the same tube??

42.9 of Swiss-50 proved to be the accuracy load for me....Wasn't an enjoyable experience though as I feel the T3x factory platform is too light - recoil (for me on that platform) was a bitch and I would safely say even of I was given a box of the 185's again I would most kindly pass them on to someone else, to shoot out of a heavier/stable platform

ATB

Not the same rifle,  I have an ORSIS which is reasonably heavy and manages recoil just fine.  I shoot 185 regularly but I'm keen to try an RS alternative as it's so good in my Creedmoor