Once Fired Brass

JCalleja91

Once fired from any factory ammo source is ok provided it is genuinely once fired and you specify the brand.

As long as you describe it properly it surely doesn't matter what you sell, or at what stage of use.

I could advertise ten times fired cases, it doesn't mean someone would buy them, but there is nothing to stop me selling them.

I wouldn't bother resizing and removing the primer, just show them as they are.

good afternoon ,if it is once fired do not do any thing with it!! advertise the make and caliber and leave the primer in place. a lot ,not all but a lot of people advertised once fired brass on many forums thatis  NOT ! and the buyer often finds out to their cost.if it if federal the primers are factory sealed with blue sealant and it shows ,norma often have tell tale signs its factory some factory case have numbers or letters stamped in the primer some do not,it is a mine field for the buyer and it comes down to trust,i have been had by  some sellers and wont buy any ONCE FIRED cases any more

Depends.  Hornady, I wouldn't pay more than £15 /100 as you don't get that many reloads from it, perhaps a couple (unless they've improved from a few years ago).  Primer pockets come loose fairly quickly and it stretches quicker than the better makes.  It might be worth it to someone, but you'll be lucky to get any more for it.  I wouldn't risk my neck on used Hornady brass personally.

Now if it were Lapua, Norma, Sako, Nosler, or even Starline or Peterson brass, it'll last much longer so command a higher price, typically £35 to £50/100 genuine once fired.  I bought a batch of Norma once fired (with original factory primers still in p[lace) and I think I paid £25/100 for that 2 years back.

S&B I wouldn't touch.  Cases can be very variable and brass isn't  great quality. Not well thought of by most reloaders.

'Once fired brass', is a bit like car dealers saying 'careful lady owner', you'll never really know for sure.
Depending upon the cartridge size and maker it could make a big difference or not matter at all. Straight-walled pistol brass will last for more firings than I have made so far. S&B .303 brass, for instance, is notorious for failing after the first reload, 100% in the few I tried before before someone wisened me up.🤨

Buyer should consider brass either 'new' or 'used' and hand over the cash with that in mind.