Action - Torque Settings Question/Clarification/Sanity Check

gruntus

Hi All,

I contacted Sabatti support directly to get information on Torque settings for tightening down an STR action in to its Chassis System.

They quoted 15 Nm (Front) and 14 Nm(Rear) which converts to 132 in lbs and 123 in lbs respectively.

Anybody have any thoughts on the above? They sound a bit high and I would like to sanity check before (potentially) stripping a thread........  😱

ATB and thanks in advance.

🙂

1 hour ago, gruntus said:

Hi All,

I contacted Sabatti support directly to get information on Torque settings for tightening down an STR action in to its Chassis System.

They quoted 15 Nm (Front) and 14 Nm(Rear) which converts to 132 in lbs and 123 in lbs respectively.

Anybody have any thoughts on the above? They sound a bit high and I would like to sanity check before (potentially) stripping a thread........  😱

🙂

what diameter screws and if metric what pitch ?

2 hours ago, gruntus said:

Hi All,

🙂

That's ridiculous! I don't own a Sabbati but have owned Remington, Howa, Tikka, Blaser, Mauser and Sako.  They've been in wood, laminate and synthetic stocks. Some pillar bedded, some not. None have required more than 4nm torque.

I tighten 1/4 x 28 action screws to 7nm on aluminium or SS pillar bedded laminate/composite stocks

I've read reference to 65 i/p for pillar bedded rifles online which if my conversion is correct is a bit more than 7nm

Thanks for all your responses gents, the front appears to be an M6 bolt and the rear is much smaller.

It does seem a bit ridiculous, I have gone back to them to confirm (unfortunately having to use Google Translate to communicate)

Thanks, will let you know the response.

G