6x47 charge weight graph

foxpig

Having aplay about with 6mmx47lapua 

Tikka t3

Bartlain 24" 

105gr hybrids

N550

What's your opinions on whitch charge weight to go for. I have an idea, just intrested in yours.

Interestingly all 9 shots where in a very small bug hole with no flyers , and I didn't get any sticky bolt or pressure signs at all . I just didn't feel need to go higher. 16513915991701379355174644596210.thumb.jpg.8e0bf7dde43b26b5198456246baac1b4.jpg

• foxpig changed the title to 6x47 charge weight graph

There's not enough info to decide. I would try 3 rounds at each of the following charge weights - 38.8, 38.9, 39, 39.1 & 39.2. If possible I would also shoot them at 150 - 200 yards. Then review the results and plan a further test.

Regards 

JCS 

I wouldn’t focus on velocity.

Whats your ES & SD for each of those charges? That’s more important.

Find the 3x charges with most stable/consistent ES & SD (preferably lowest SD) and you’ve found your Optimum Charge Weight. This will be your most stable charge

Adjust seating depth to fine tune group size.

After above done, then note your velocity and store it in your ballistic calculator.

You report a MV variation of 143 fps yet a 'very small bug hole'.   I'd say you have a pretty solid node.

You need more data but if further results match the first, not much to worry about beyond a fine tune of seating depth.