Suppressor impact on velocity and POI tested

Barrel harmonics are real and infinitely more sensitive in incremental terms than the weight of a moderator but its good to see you at least proving this to yourself what goes on, its not hard to explore this much more deeply with not too much effort if your interested in doing so.

This is a very basic demonstration of what everyone should know but its amazing how many people dont, I think the group size and shape has changed enough to also show a change in tune. If you want to find out more conduct another test comparing no moderator, the moderator you used in this test and finally another moderator what weighs different from the first one, I expect you will see three different POI's and three different groups sizes. 

Any weight that that you add to a barrel changes its harmonics which in turn effects both tune and POI but when the changes are small enough the POI will remain the same but the groups sizes will open and close around this same same POI, then your into the world of barrel tuners and tuning barrels to a fixed load.

Well done on proving something to yourself or anyone who didnt already know what you have shown in your test. 👍

13 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Barrel harmonics are real and infinitely more sensitive in incremental terms than the weight of a moderator but its good to see you at least proving this to yourself what goes on, its not hard to explore this much more deeply with not too much effort if your interested in doing so.

This is a very basic demonstration of what everyone should know but its amazing how many people dont, I think the group size and shape has changed enough to also show a change in tune. If you want to find out more conduct another test comparing no moderator, the moderator you used in this test and finally another moderator what weighs different from the first one, I expect you will see three different POI's and three different groups sizes. 

Any weight that that you add to a barrel changes its harmonics which in turn effects both tune and POI but when the changes are small enough the POI will remain the same but the groups sizes will open and close around this same same POI, then your into the world of barrel tuners and tuning barrels to a fixed load.

Well done on proving something to yourself or anyone who didnt already know what you have shown in your test. 👍

I believe you are correct. Since the weight itself acts like a tuner so different weight will act differently.

25 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

That's 4:17 wasted.

Maybe you think so, but believe me they are not... Suppressors are legal from this week on in Slovenia and believe me that 90% of the hunters that will use them didn't know about this facts...