Anyone shooting a 6.5x47 or 6x47 ?

I think i like the sound of the 284. What amount of accurate rounds did you get out of yours before you noticed a loss in accuracy ?.

Ads

my own 284 had around 2500 before I noticed a loss of accuracy.

I had used it for 5 years I think, so its no great loss to do another tube for it.

Had I used the rifle for just stalking, it would hve lasted double that.

You could always go for a 6.5-06

(sorry, spanner again)

i have been spinning this back and forth for some time now. i all ready run a 6x47 and it shoots better than i can.

but i am in the process of building a new stalking / foxing rifle for myself,and I'm torn between the 6.5 x 47 the 260 rem the 260 rem AI . I'm hoping to build a do everything rifle.

what to do what to do :D

ATB

Colin :lol:

Ads

I have to say that I love the 6.5x284 it does all I ask it to with no issues, reliable, feeds from mag, hits any deer hard and damn accurate. Downside is long action so it takes two or three milliseconds longer to cycle the bolt for the next shot laugh. :lol:

................................................................................

Got to say when i agree with this 100% Ronin!!! :);)

Great long range tool , but like most things in life - down to personal preference :D ...............

All the best........................

RAY.............................. :D;)

• 2 weeks later...
i have been spinning this back and forth for some time now. i all ready run a 6x47 and it shoots better than i can.

but i am in the process of building a new stalking / foxing rifle for myself,and I'm torn between the 6.5 x 47 the 260 rem the 260 rem AI . I'm hoping to build a do everything rifle.

what to do what to do :blink:

ATB

Colin :(

ditto col ditto

You could, of course, go for a real barnstormer and have the 6.5 Win Mag. 3200+fps (factory) with the 140s!!!! I just picked one up just to see what they're like. It will be an interesting field test..

If I don't like it I can always rebarrel

regards

Gareth

You could, of course, go for a real barnstormer and have the 6.5 Win Mag. 3200+fps (factory) with the 140s!!!! I just picked one up just to see what they're like. It will be an interesting field test..

If I don't like it I can always rebarrel

regards

Gareth

Hi Gareth, I'm interested into how many shots you will get before it needs a rebarrel?

Archived